Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help here...I have been working closely with my dealer (has large allocation) to get a Yellow Z06 by Mid
April. I believe he has tried his absolute best to get an order in, but, as of yet, no confirmation on a yellow Z.

Should I hold out for the yellow OR tell him to go ahead with my 2nd choice and have a Z06 in March?

I think about this everyday...

What would you do?

Zippy

------------------

·
Registered
30 Posts
Issaquah Chevy 425 427 0101 has a yellow w/ black no bsm car on the lot now.

Not sure of the asking price, but they seem to start at $54,000 and at least in some cases come down to msrp.

Hope this might help.

------------------
2001 Quicksilver Z06 Valentine 1 Hardwire w/ remote; Stramosphere ZO6 logo mats.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Faster: Thanks for the heads up, but I do not want to pay MSRP or higher, plus, my current dealer has been real good to me in the past regarding prices, service, etc.

Mr. SS: That has been running around in my brain too for a while....most likely T/Red with the mod red interior, or maybe QS with mod red.

Zippy

------------------

G

·
0 Posts
Zippy,

You would look good in any of them! Go for what you really want. If you want a 2001, better go with one of your other choices. Personally, would like to see you at the BB in a Z06!

------------------
Bob Hardt
00 Mallett 396 HARDTop
01 Corvette Z06 Speedway White w/red trimmed int.
C5Reg NCM Ambassador
NCM Lifetime Member

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wait for the YELLOW you won't regret it,I don't.

------------------
Dave Williams
NCM #6437
98 Pace Car Sold
01 Z06 MY/MR
Born 10/03/00
R8C 10/21/00
Delivered and Home 10/23/00
Bragg Smith Drive your own 10/27/00

Another Satisfied Karl Johanson Customer

[This message has been edited by MY/MR/Z06 (edited 01-20-2001).]

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'd hold out for the yellow and keep looking at other dealers. Rick Conti at Spitzer Auto in Ohio has a big allocation and sells Z06's at MSRP. Nothing like yellow to start the day..
. But I like the Silver/Red combo also.

------------------
Yellow/Black Z06

·
Registered
128 Posts
I quote Automobile magazine "The ZO6 is available in a restricted range of colors: Black, White, Red, Silver, and the bright Yellow that Chevrolet is pushing in its press fleets, perhaps because the C5-R factory racers are painted in Yellow and white. The over all design is at its BEST IN BLACK".

------------------
Dave Zehak
2001 Black ZO6
Best 1/4(so far) 12.5 at 112
"Mods"
B&M Ripper Shifter
RM racing Nitrous(not installed yet)
"Previous Vettes
1985 white Corvette coupe(auto)
1998 Silver Corvette coupe (M-6)
2000 NBM Corvette Coupe (M-6)

[This message has been edited by DaveZehak (edited 01-21-2001).]

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
If you have to wait to April for the color you want, do it. But if I was going to wait that long I would be waitng another month to place my 2002 order. Get a 2001 in April or wait 3 months and get a 2002 with more balls.

------------------
Tom
Quicksilver/Red Z06
Corsa Indy, B&M Ripper, Corvette Concepts Ram Air Induction

www.c5frc.com

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Zippster,
Wait for yellow, it will be worth it.
If I would have waited I would not have had to order a new one.

------------------
Carl V. *****Authorized Zaino Distributor*****
Huntingdon Valley, PA.** 2000 Magnetic Red Convertible **
MN6,F45,QF5,AQ9,AG2,CJ2,T96,B34,AAB,UN0,U1S,JL4,UV6,T82,N37
** Corvette Club of Delaware Valley **

www.hcvind.com
E-Mail: [email protected]

[This message has been edited by hcvone (edited 01-21-2001).]

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Zippy, If you have a lock on a yellow, wait for it. Unless you absolutely have to get your Z06 fix

I'm in withdrawal today - 3 inches snow on the ground and a foot piled against the garage door.

------------------
T/R Z06 with Red/Black Interior.
Waiting on my Halltech Titanium TRIC and CF Magic.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Zippy,

What ever color you get, I'm positive you will be happy. If Yellow is what you really want, then I would hold out. Just as long as you have a Z06 for the Cruise-In!!

Are you getting your Z from Les Stanford?? I've never dealt with them but they seem very reputable. I was a little scared that my dealer wasn't going to come through for me on my Z's, so I called Les and their dealership was very accomodating.

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Frank: Yes, I am working with Stanford for my Z06, and have been quite pleased with them in the past for sales and service.

My dilemma is that I want a Z06 for the April C5 birthday bash & the May cruise in, but am afraid if I hold out for a yellow, may not get it in time! No matter what, I will be at both events!

Zippy

------------------

G

·
0 Posts
I used the internet to find my yellow beauty. I did however have to go clear to Bridgewater Mass to get it. I really didnt have another color choice, and it was totally worth the work. Good luck

------------------

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks to all for your ideas/suggestions.

At this time, I am going to wait it out and keep my fingers crossed for a Millenium Yellow Z06. The harder it is to get, the more determined (stubborn?) I get. If nothing else, I will hold off until the '02 Z06 orders open up.

Zippy

------------------

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Zippy,

I went through this same dilema. I thought I had wanted a red Z, but then I saw the dealer's yellow one in person, and it was just amazing. From that point on, I became fixated on the yellow.

If you're anything like me, and if you really want the yellow, then anything less than the yellow will be.. Well.. "Less." We all know that the car, itself, is/will be great. So, it comes down to the color. Something tells me that if you "settle" for another color other than your heart's first choice, you'll be haunted by nagging thoughts later. And who wants that?

(When my sister and I were little, we went with my dad to look at Triumph TR8's. It came down to a silver or a gold one. My dad thought he liked the silver more, but wanted some other opinions. He asked for our opinions, and we both picked the gold. So he got the gold -- and has always wished that he had gotten the silver. Sure, he's enjoyed the car -- just not as much as if he had gotten the color he REALLY wanted.)

I had a MY Z06 on order from a dealer who really wasn't sure he could get it (and he couldn't). He told me I could change the color, and he could get THAT one. I thought about it, but stuck with the yellow. IN THE MEANTIME (a month later), one day while browsing the Corvette Forum, I saw that Tom Rogers had an allocation (and a TPW already) for a yellow Z06. I jumped on it. And now, it should be up here (from GA) tomorrow.

It CAN happen! I got "lucky", and you could too! I'd stick with your gut on this one, and get what you REALLY want.

-Kirk

------------------

1 - 20 of 22 Posts