Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all......it's late. I have been doin' 12-15 hr days for many consecutive days now and in order for me to make the DE.....I may have to drive, not trailer down, and MAYBE get 3-4 hrs. sleep. What does ANYONE suggest I do? I have some thoughts...

-Sell my slot cheap so someone can enjoy it.(if I can)

-just not go.

-try to make it and stress myself out and possibly cause damage cause I'll be so damn tired.

-Just skip everything......huddle in a corner in the fetal position and mumble/whimper to myself.

thoughts, anyone??

Please....if you want to joke.....COOL......but it better be followed by a sincere suggestion for my dilema.

Thanks all......I'm gonna go drink another RED BULL and keep going.:(

-Tony

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
Take it easy buddy. Lifes too short.

This is a time to have fun and not to be stessed out.

RELAX! If you can not make it to the DE it is not the end of the world.

My greatest fear is breaking down far from home.

If you are going to drive a high performance vehicle at a tract, you should be sharp and well rested.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Michigan pansy!! Get your azz down here or face the wrath!! :D

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm kickin' yer big azz when I get down there you big oaf!!:lol: :D

Does anyone know if I can give someone my spot??

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
holedgr said:
I'm kickin' yer big azz when I get down there you big oaf!!:lol: :D
just get yer azz down here and I'll buy ya a MM and DC!!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Whether, you make the DE or not is /up to you, my take is do what you have to do, I would not drive my car at a DE on 3-4 hours sleep.

However, this "curl up in the fetal position and not do anything" is only gonna get a visit by a really pissed off albino with a hockey stick in his hand.

So my constructive suggestion is this, get your ass to the FEST, in a manner that works for you, but just get down here...

Mark

·
Registered
385 Posts
Tony-

have someone drive your car to the DE< you catch some Z's. All the groups don't run at once, bring a lawn chair and catch some sleep between sessions. Once you start to make some laps, you'll be wide awake. Have same person drive your car back to the hotel. Take a nap or :guiness:

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
bbunting said:
Tony-

have someone drive your car to the DE< you catch some Z's. All the groups don't run at once, bring a lawn chair and catch some sleep between sessions. Once you start to make some laps, you'll be wide awake. Have same person drive your car back to the hotel. Take a nap or :guiness:

yehp.

I have shown up with 4-5 hrs sleep, I go out on the first run to learn the line, NOT to go 7/10's, that will happen LATER in the day :p

if you can't make the DE, like the other guys say, DON'T skip the fest, just enjoy your drive down and join us for the time of your life :yeadog:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hey if you can't make the DE don't sweat it ! This is to enjoy not kill yourself . but we'll kill you if you don't male it to the Fest ! :rofl: :rofl: Take your time and do what's best for you Tony !

Rob

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
under the conditions you described, I would forego the DE and enjoy the rest of the Fest....as I sit at home gnashing my teeth and wishing I was there :cry:

have a :guiness: (or more) for me under the arches! :cheers:

:z:

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
tony.. you don't like to turn that wheel anyway.. just come show them who's boss at the Beach Bend track.!!

come on down.
take your time.. don't hurt yourself

·
21,386 Posts
Driving a high performance car when you're tired is a good recipe for disaster. Forgo the DE and make it to BG in one piece bro. Besides, I have a present for you! :cheers:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sorry to hear that you're in this position, but I think there are a couple of decent options. I would say if YOU are not comfortable with 3 hrs sleep + driving down + running the DE, then it's definitely not a good idea - no point in risking you, your instructor, or anyone else.

1) I'm pretty sure that Phil Wicks will be willing to give you a refund if you can't make it - I've seen them work with people in the past when situations come up.

2) You could ride down with someone else - maybe catch some Z's on the way. If you're a Novice, maybe there's an Intermediate willing to let you share their ride with you. If you're an Intermediate, you'll need to find a Novice.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you don't have to run every session during the day. If you run one and are too tired or uncomfortable, you could sit one or two out (usually run 6 total) and nap a little bit. For me, the solid adrenaline rush usually cures whatever cobwebs I may be feeling when I arrive.

If nothing else, you could get a refund AND catch a ride down, and I'd be more than happy to have you ride with me for a session or two - though I know it's just not the same as doing it yourself.

Hope that helps, and hope to see you there!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You guys rock. Just finished work. Damn homeowners drive me INSANE!!!! I will be leaving in a hour which will give me...3-4 hours of sleep !!! Thanks for all the support!!!

-Tony

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
Somebody get a lawn chair and some umbrellas!!

Someone is going to need a nap between stints!!!
See ya tomorrow night Tony, please BE IN ONE PIECE at the arch, NOT the hospital!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
We at the Hampton are glad to hear he made it in one piece ! Keep him awake !

Rob

·
Registered
385 Posts
Rob1Vet said:
We at the Hampton are glad to hear he made it in one piece ! Keep him awake !

Rob

Yeah-I saw him drink a Red Bull myself....so far, so good :drunken:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts