Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
The idiot filming it needs his a#$ beat severely. That is pretty messed up to kick someone when their down. :mad:

·
Premium Member
7,247 Posts
WTF, That fire could have, AND SHOULD HAVE, been put OUT within 10 seconds, seeing it was basically at the starting line. NO excuse to let that car burn like that. The starter should have several 20# extinguishers at hand and be trained to react.

(BTW: it took 40 seconds before the first fire extinguisher hit it.)

·
Registered
833 Posts
Scary...

·
Registered
346 Posts
FiveOJoe said:
WTF, That fire could have, AND SHOULD HAVE, been put OUT within 10 seconds, seeing it was basically at the starting line. NO excuse to let that car burn like that. The starter should have several 20# extinguishers at hand and be trained to react.

I agree 100%. Aside from the B.S. uttered by the tool that taped this, the response of the track officials was criminally slow! A lesson learned, bring your own fire suppression equipment with you!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FiveOJoe said:

That was exactly my thought. It made me mad seeing that they were just standing around while the car is burning down to the ground! What a bunch of idots including the guy taking the video.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
What was the guy doing with the fire extinguisher. Did he think it was going to put out the fire on its own. :screwy:

·
Registered
25 Posts
That was my buddy James' Z06. He is the president of my car club. He had the nitrous installed professionally on his car, and had a window switch (which he did NOT bypass) among every other safety precaution associated with a proper nitrous setup. Something messed up - he had nothing to do with it.

Here is a video I made as a tribute:

http://www.spdkilz.net/downloads/pafiledb.php?action=download&id=101

Carleton

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
SpdKilz, Thanks for the Video. It will be interesting to see if the Insurance company total's the car out. :cheers:

·
Registered
693 Posts
You have to love the 3 guys with the fire extinguishers. I enjoyed the slapstick humor when the 2nd guy comes in & sprays the guy who is trying to put out the fire. Who are they the Marx Brothers. :screwy:

Sad scene :cry:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
:cry: It looks to me like the one guy is stopping the other guy with the extinguisher :mah:

·
Registered
874 Posts
ambleZ06 said:
The idiot filming it needs his a#$ beat severely. That is pretty messed up to kick someone when their down. :mad:

Yeah, notice how the little a$$hole says his sarcastic comment as the driver walks away and obviously does not hear it! :flaming:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Devoz said:
I agree 100%. Aside from the B.S. uttered by the tool that taped this, the response of the track officials was criminally slow! A lesson learned, bring your own fire suppression equipment with you!
I agree. After seeing that I think I will invest in a halon system for my ride. IMO the best 600-800 you can spend on the car.

·
Banned
809 Posts
busto said:
whats the name of the drag strip where this happen so I can avoid going there.............
Great Lakes Raceway in Southern Wisconsin. I've never been there and I don't have much of a desire to go there now.

Sal

1 - 20 of 21 Posts