Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally took delivery of the Z this afternoon and have been out ever since enjoying her! She's a black on black 02 with 6k miles on her... still smells new! I can't say that I regret the trade, but I will definately miss the 911... On the other hand, the torque and power in this thing is absolutely unreal! The quality of the interior isn't nearly as bad as some make it out to be. I know, I know, and I'll be the first to say it..

So far, she's got the Vortech intake, and Borla stinger exhaust. A short shifter of some kind is installed, though I'm not sure what it is. I think before I consider any more mods, I need to get used to this violent power that the beast has on tap :)

Ed

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Welcome Aboard the Good Ship Z06 :z: :z:

Congrats on your new Zee

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Welcome, mods is good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greg

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
NYSEGuy said:
Well, I finally took delivery of the Z this afternoon and have been out ever since enjoying her! She's a black on black 02 with 6k miles on her... still smells new! I can't say that I regret the trade, but I will definately miss the 911... On the other hand, the torque and power in this thing is absolutely unreal! The quality of the interior isn't nearly as bad as some make it out to be. I know, I know, and I'll be the first to say it..

So far, she's got the Vortech intake, and Borla stinger exhaust. A short shifter of some kind is installed, though I'm not sure what it is. I think before I consider any more mods, I need to get used to this violent power that the beast has on tap :)

Ed
Congrats Ed....Respect that Raw Power. and May the Force be With You :z:

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Ed, I remember the same feeling when I first picked up my '02, and I wrote a post just like yours. Get used to your car the way it is now, after that you'll find that there are endless (and cost effective) mods you can run on a Z06, unlike a porsche. If you like to corner and hook up, you can put on some sticky tires ($1K) and if you want major power after you have the tires, you can do an SC. With a Z06, the fun never ends...

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Yeah it's funny how it works. Its a beast when you buy it, then give it a year or two or three.... and it's a dog. Pretty soon you'll be looking for more power, just like the rest of us.

·
Registered
391 Posts
AFter 2 03 3, or 4 or 5 years, it may feel like a dog, but it still can whoop the 911 turbos. The old bang for the buck story. I still love this car. What keeps it interesting is , see my sig, for my daily driver. You putt that little box around for a couple weeks, then get behind the wheel of Z Boss, and you get a whole new appreciation of John Heinricy's teams work.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I'm not saying I don't LOVE my car, but the longer you have it, the more power you need.

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So how much HP do you guys think she has so far with the mods that are done already? Vortech intake, and Borla stinger exhaust.. I'm guessing those only give you minimal gains? I doubt I'll be dragging her much, I'm looking forward to taking her down to Sebring for some DE's though..

·
Registered
396 Posts
NYSEGuy said:
So how much HP do you guys think she has so far with the mods that are done already? Vortech intake, and Borla stinger exhaust.. I'm guessing those only give you minimal gains? I doubt I'll be dragging her much, I'm looking forward to taking her down to Sebring for some DE's though..
I would guess somewhere around 370 rwhp. Not sure though. Congrats and welcome to the corvette family. :thumb:

:z:

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Congratulations on the Z and welcome to :z:
Enjoy the ride! :jammin:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Enjoy it it the ride that counts :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts