Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum members. Please take a look at my new page on the Vendors Site. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

On 2001-08-06 13:06, rickd770 spewed forth this drivel:
Hello Forum members. Please take a look at my new page on the Vendors Site. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Now, I am wondering why the MY's are now sold at MSRP,when just a few weeks ago they were not? Rick,care to explain to the Forum guys why this happened? Thanks!!
Zman

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

On 2001-08-07 01:27, zman spewed forth this drivel:
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD>Quote:</font><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR><TR><TD><BLOCKQUOTE><B>
On 2001-08-06 13:06, rickd770 spewed forth this drivel:

Now, I am wondering why the MY's are now sold at MSRP,when just a few weeks ago they were not? Rick,care to explain to the Forum guys why this happened? Thanks!!
Zman

</B></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR></TABLE>

Zman, I would be glad to explain. In the last two weeks M/Y for the Z has been put on connstrant. We were able to get this color at a rate of about one every other week. Now we have had orders in the sys. that we can not fill because the Gen. has all but stopped produceing them. I don`t like this any more than you do. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif If they had a huge freeze in the orange groves of Fla. and no oranges were avalb. what would happen to the cost of orange juice in the stores? Maybe we could take up a collection for the Gen. to buy some more yellow paint. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Rick-
Thanks for 'your' explanation as to why the Forum Members NO longer receive the $500 discount for Millennium Yellow. Though a bit weak,I have to ask the question,"Is it because of the $600 extra for the color? Can't receive them like you could previously?Are you also saying the Magnetic Red,which also has the 'Premium' paint,will also now be sold at MSRP?? Is this taking advantage of people? Same thing to compare it with would be like changing a football rule in the middle of the game..... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
As I have stated earlier in the post,I appreciate your reponse with no flames!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

On 2001-08-07 15:57, zman spewed forth this drivel:
Rick-
Thanks for 'your' explanation as to why the Forum Members NO longer receive the $500 discount for Millennium Yellow. Though a bit weak,I have to ask the question,"Is it because of the $600 extra for the color? Can't receive them like you could previously?Are you also saying the Magnetic Red,which also has the 'Premium' paint,will also now be sold at MSRP?? Is this taking advantage of people? Same thing to compare it with would be like changing a football rule in the middle of the game..... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
As I have stated earlier in the post,I appreciate your reponse with no flames!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

ZMAN, no flames taken. The M/Y paint is a separate issue from the Mag-Red. I do not know what the problem with the M/Y paint is. All I know is that we can no longer get this color as we have in the past. Any car that we can readily replace when we sell it has a disc. those that can`t be replaced as quick we are more hesitant to disc. It is supply and demand at work here just like elsewhere. As I said before I do not like this any more than you and the others do. I wish it was Rick Daniel Chevrolet but it is not. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
220 Posts
Moderators...wouldn't it be nice to keep posts like this in the cars for sale area? I don't want this place to turn into the corvette forum.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

On 2001-08-08 10:34, PAINTDOG spewed forth this drivel:
Moderators...wouldn't it be nice to keep posts like this in the cars for sale area? I don't want this place to turn into the corvette forum.

Paintdog, this is the cars for sale area. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts