Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'll start off the new section.

I had and have noticed others with the problem of the hood not latching completely when lowered or dropped. This usually manifests as one side or the other not latching. This results in having to "press" down on the hood near the latch area to close it completely.

The hood should close securely when dropped from a short distance. Lubing the latches will not fix the problem in most cases.

The problem is the hood bumper located near the cowling near the firewall is out of adjustment. (It is probably set too high, and will not permit the hood to come down far enough to latch). The bumper has a rubber node on the end and is locked down via a lock nut.

On the side that will not close, loosen the lock nut located near the base of the bumper/ stud, and turn the bumper/stud in or clockwise one quarter turn. Lower the hood to check for proper latching. If it still won't latch, turn in the bumper an additional quarter turn until the hood latches properly. (I had to turn mine in 1/2 turns to get it to work). Re-tighten the lock nut, and you are all set. No more pressing down on the hood to latch it.

The whole thing should not take more than a few minutes to fix.

------------------

Quicksilver Z06 Moon
KN w/Modified Air Box
Long Tubes (on the way)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Thanks, Dennis!!
Sharing that sort of information with others is what makes this place so great!!

Now I'm going to go adjust my hood...doesn't always want to latch on the drivers side.

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I do not drop mine anymore because of the etched mirror on my hood, engine bay, so I close the hood and push down lightly with a towel when the latches are in each side, works like a champ.

------------------
Carl V. *****Authorized Zaino Distributor*****
Huntingdon Valley, PA.** 2000 Magnetic Red Convertible **
MN6,F45,QF5,AQ9,AG2,CJ2,T96,B34,AAB,UN0,U1S,JL4,UV6,T82,N37
** Corvette Club of Delaware Valley **

www.hcvind.com
E-Mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yep, Solved the problem with mine also...took about 1.5 turns though!
Perfect now.

Bob

------------------
2001 Torch Red/Mod TR Z06

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1520566&a=11496079
Zaino,CAGS defeat,Lloyds Z06 front/cargo mats,CAU decals,Z06 exhaust plate,Valentine 1/remote,BP Al Gas Pedal,power antenna,Dynamat Super interior,K&N air filter/open stock cover,Z06 TR Vette Rest,A&A frame savers;DS Trunk Lid Insert,interior TR mods,TR painted engine compartment components.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Have the same problem , thanks for the info

------------------
Dave Zehak
2001 Black ZO6
Best 1/4(so far) 12.5 at 112
"Mods"
B&M Ripper Shifter
RM racing Nitrous(not installed yet)
"Previous Vettes
1985 white Corvette coupe(auto)
1998 Silver Corvette coupe (M-6)
2000 NBM Corvette Coupe (M-6)

D

·
0 Posts
Hey with the high milage on my Z {2 miles) I thought it might be major, thanks for the tip Dennis Waiting for theSpring......

------------------
z06-zr1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts