Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Is there a definitive answer as to which way you're supposed to apply the performance hood seal to you car? That is, does the side with the adhesive face DOWN, stuck to the "bottom" of the area at the front (facing the ground), or does the adhesive get stuck to the SIDE LIP (facing forward)?

I know this isn't life or death -- I'd just like to do it the right way the first time. :)

Thanks!

-Kirk

·
Registered
0 Posts
Kirk,

To my understanding, the adhesive faces DOWN, stuck to the "bottom" of the area at the front (facing the ground).

·
Registered
528 Posts
Kirk,

I got mine from Ecklers and it wasn't long enough. Actually, about 3/4 of an inch short. So, I had to space them evenly on both side. I actually put it on where the adhesive part glue to the side toward the front of the car. I had read that many people having problem with it coming off after a few months when putting the adhesive part on the bottom. As you can examine when closing the hood, it's actually pushing the seal toward the front of the car. That way it will keep it in place.

I may be wrong, but that was how I had mine. No problem yet for 5 months.

·
Registered
122 Posts
hood seal

the sticky side goes down and remeber that if you use a bra be careful when closing the hood as the bra was designed not to have the seal in that location and the seal will cause the bra to push up on the hood.
ZEDOH6:puke:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, folks! No bra in play here... Just adding some pretection for use with the Donaldson. Thanks again!

-Kirk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts