Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What will it take to get a 3500 lb Vette down the strip in 11.9 with a trap speed of 121??? Try the new CFivevette/Z06Vette Horsepower Caclulator :) :)

** Updated 1/16/02 to use E.T., Trap Speed or Both **

Click Here ===>>

·
Registered
764 Posts
George,

Very nice calculator. :cool:

I calculated that if I go on a serious diet and lose 25 lbs., I can save over $500.00 in HP mods! :eek:

Thanks for the cool tool!

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fanatical1 said:
George,

I calculated that if I go on a serious diet and lose 25 lbs., I can save over $500.00 in HP mods! :eek:

Mark
Mark,

I could stand to lose 75 LBS but it's easier to add $1000 in GO FAST mods :) :)

·
Registered
803 Posts
A Suggestions and a Problem!

Good deal! We need this. Keep 'em coming.

Suggestions:
Add a 'd' to Elapse - past tense.

Display both the ET and MPH HP numbers all the time. For cars like the Z that have traction problems, it's very helpful to see when these numbers match. You can see if you are making progress on the launches.

Drop the average thing.

I had a hard time finding the link. How about listing it under: HP or Calculator.

Problem:
I think the numbers shown as RWHP should be flywheel HP. Therefore, the RWHP would be x% lower.

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Re: A Suggestions and a Problem!

Roger Ramjet said:
Good deal! We need this. Keep 'em coming.

Suggestions:
Add a 'd' to Elapse - past tense.

Display both the ET and MPH HP numbers all the time. For cars like the Z that have traction problems, it's very helpful to see when these numbers match. You can see if you are making progress on the launches.

Drop the average thing.

I had a hard time finding the link. How about listing it under: HP or Calculator.

Problem:
I think the numbers shown as RWHP should be flywheel HP. Therefore, the RWHP would be x% lower.

Please provide examples??? I have found nothing wrong. I compared to other calculators I found on the web and they all came out the same. BTW I fixed the "d"

George

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
It is pretty accurate. Everything is based on ratios.

For $10 you can buy yourself a Moroso slide ruler. It will calculate ET, MPH, tiresize, gear ratio, and a bunch of other great stuff. And it is NEVER wrong. When I show it to people they are always suprised.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
If you guys are using Mozila (Firefox) web browser it will not work. Make sure you are using Internet Explorer. Greg

·
Registered
184 Posts
The problem may be Mozilla -- it works for IE but not Mozilla.

I had the same issue for a dungeons and dragons calculator I wrote several years ago.

Very nice work. :)

EDIT: Beat me to it -- :)

John

1 - 16 of 16 Posts