Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE AS OF 2-01-2002

As of 9:45am today there is only 6 rooms left in our reserved Block at this special price. After these are gone normal price prevails.

OK Fellow Z06’ers

Just finished up the hotel plans for the main Hotel for the inaugural Z06fest event next September 26, 27 & 28, 2002. Our Hotel will be the Hampton Inn Bowling Green, located just off Scottsville Road.

I urge everyone to attend the entire event, as you don’t want to miss this one. The National Corvette Museum along with Dave Hill is 100% behind this event and they are planning some great events, which start 1st thing Thursday morning. I will be there the nights of the 25th, 26th, 27th & 28th of Sep 2002.

OK, THIS IS THE HOTEL DEAL -- I was only able to arrange to have a limited number of rooms at this special rate, so make your reservations early. All rooms under the deal I arranged are $54.00 if you say your with Joe Harrington's group and use confirmation number is 83271929 MAKE SURE YOU GET A WRITTEN CONFIRMAITON VIA FAX OR MAIL.

YOU need to call and make your own reservation. You pay them directly. Phone 1-270-842-4100

Normal prices are $64.00 to $74.00 per night. So we are getting a decent discount.

Our contacts are Erin or Yvonne, It is best to ask for either of them ONLY. If they not are in, leave a message or call them back. Erin's & Yvonne’s normal hours are 7:00am to 5:00 pm.

I am planning to have my 28 foot enclosed car trailer with me that we can make the official after hours place to hang out in the Hampton Inn parking lot. Bring your own chairs and beverages.

Make your reservations right away and don’t forget to ask for a written confirmation.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Thanks for the good news Joe!

Mr & Mrs Zippy will be there! :yeadog:

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Roscoe

Hmmmmm...wonder if we can get Roscoe to join the festivities? :-? It just wouldn't be the same without his smoker. :cool:

Ankle biters stay home. :D

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
For those of us who already made our reservations for that weekend at the Hampton, do we have to call back to get the special rate or is it already taken care of...

Mark

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

You must make your reservations with the noted confirmation number to get the special price. I would call the 800 number and cancel, then call the number listed above.

I would have no way to have done this automatically.

Remember, I was only able to secure a limited number of rooms at this special rate.

Joe

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Hi Joe:

I just spoke with Yvonne and the 12 rooms you blocked are booked with myself getting the last one. They went very fast even though their reservation computors were down yesterday. She said there were other calls she had to turn away.

Perhaps you could add more rooms as I believe she said they have 135. With a forum membership of over 1100, I think we could fill many more. I'm sure lots of folks won't commit until next spring when they typically start making their vacation plans.

Thanks for your efforts.

Pat :D

·
Registered
938 Posts
Thursday Oct.25 4:15pm EST

I just got off the phone with John Lewis, the manager of the Hampton Inn Bowling Green. There was a little mix-up on the rooms and there still are rooms available at the rate of $54 for a double and $64 for a king. Hope to see you-all the in September.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I just talked to Erin and she is the sales manager. She was very helpful. She put my name on a sticky and they are going to add rooms tonight and put peoples names to the rooms. She took my fax number and said she would fax my conf number later tonight.

Just fyi for everyone.

·
Registered
391 Posts
You can also goto www.hamptoninn.com and goto find a hotel.

Put in Bowling Green and Kentucky. You will get the address and directions to the hotel.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Get your reservations in Early

Joe

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Got my confirmation letter faxed to me yesterday by Erin. :cheers:

Mike

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Just made my reservations at the Hampton Inn, (11:30AM EST) I spoke with Yvonne and she said, "that there was 3 rooms left in the block for the $54 price. See you there!:)

carzzy

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Uhhhhhhhh..............

Can I autocross my rental car????

Pleeezzzzz??:D

:cheers:

So are events being held at the NCM, and we are driving 6 miles or so for the hotel??

Is there anything going on at the Hampton??

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi,

All kinds of things will be going on at the Hampton at Night. You ask me what, I have no idea yet. But, as with other events the main/host hotel is where everyone seems to hang out in the evening. Not to mention most all the action, ie resturants, hotels, malls, stores, etc is on Scottsville Rd. Meet new friends, have a beverage, etc.

I'm looking forward to meeting lots of new folks.

Joe

·
Registered
176 Posts
last one?

just spoke w/ Lindsey at the hampton, she claims I got the last room reserved at that rate. Maybe we can reserve a few more?

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi,

I already tried to up the amount of rooms at the special rate. Back in Oct, I doubled the number of rooms at the special rate. Last Friday I inquired as to the possibility of increasing the number of rooms at the special rate and was told the answer was no.

So, once the block of rooms is gone, regular rate prevails.

Joe

1 - 20 of 26 Posts