Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this week's "Car Country News" (the first with news from the new american auto industry), there is a picture of the Tiger Shark.

Quote: "Corvette is once again setting a new performance level for it's marque with the Tiger Shark. Based on the aluminum 427 LS1 V8 engine, it has been bored out to 7.0 Liters, is supercharged, intercooled, and attached to a 6-speed manual transmission. It's 18 inch wheels are launched by the 742hp engine and stopped using Brembo slotted brakes".

Sorry, I don't have my scanner with me, but it's yellow with a new front end and new hood that breaths.

I'll save it and post the photo someday.... Unless somebody wants me to mail it to them to post.

I'm not joking, nor do I know anything else about it. I think they wanted to say that is is based on the aluminum 350 LS1 engine, mored out to 7.0 liters, to be a 427.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Speedy,

If you send it to me, I'll scan it, post it, and send the original back to you. Unless you know where I might get a copy out here in California?

EZ

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 2 pictures (I can have as many as I want, they are in the cafeteria area at work).

Email me your address and I will mail this weekend.

[email protected]

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Speedy,

Get those pic's posted, we all want 427.........

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got my scanner back, so I'll post in a few....

I did mail one to somebody in Texas, I didn't know I'd be getting the scanner back tonight.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Sounds interesting. I can't imagine GM warrantying a car like this.

Do you ever wonder if the guys who write these pieces get a deduct from their pay years later, if these rumors turn out to be unfounded. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
991 Posts
Yikes /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I have not taken delivery of my
02 Z06 yet, Now I have to buy another one.
Wow, Wall Street better shape up /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Looking forward to seeing the pix. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I heard it was next to the chevy display on Woodward (for dream-cruise).

There may be truth to this story... we can only hope...

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Speedy:

I posted this last week, and yes it was at the Dream Cruise in the Chevy tent area.
their was a "427" emblem on the hood! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Zippy wants one!!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Your NCM Ambassador & Lifetime Member #902 Join the NCM! Call 1-800-53-VETTE
'02 Electron Blue/Black Coming in August!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts