Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I finished it early.......

Who is it! You're gonna have to find out for yourself!

<----------Over there

Thanks to all the moderators for the vote!

Will you be next?

Enjoy!

JC

·
Registered
0 Posts
CONGRATS Ron and Susan!! :cool:

Having also riden in Ron's Z06 :eek:, I can tell you he not only drives it to it's full potential, but he is definitely getting his moneys worth!!

CONGRATS!!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Love the new addition to the site!!! Great work guys!! :cool: :p

Andy
02 T/R Z06

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
JC, geez you work fast! Thanks for the feature. This section will be fun. :cheers:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Ron,

Congrats!! It was nice to read a little more about you and your Z.
:cool:

Mark

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Congrats Ron & Susan!

Beautiful Car!!!:cheers:

I've admired DRM's work for years!

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Great Addition.....

JC, Great Work

Congrats Ron & Susan true members and assets to Z06VETTE........................

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cheers:

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Thanks everyone! Susan got a kick out of it when I showed it to her last night. Gee, that didn't sound right.:eek: Thanks especially to JC and the moderators for picking our Z06 to feature first. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Ron,

Congrats on the article... I always see your sig listing the DRM mods but wasnt until reading the article that I missed a detail... like that you are still using stock valves on the heads! Is that what is usually considered Stage I when you retain the stock valves?

For DRM to make over 400rwhp with stock valves is quite impressive. Usually, people posting those kind of numbers go Stage II with bigger valves.

Also, since they are CNC'd, if anyone were to goto DRM for the same head work done, the CNC machine would basically make a copy of the ones that are on your heads eh? Do you have flow numbers from DRM on the heads?

I ask cause my wife has hinted giving me a green light on making a trip to Texas (can you say MTI?) for sometime next year but I'm keeping my options open. Lingenfelter's ASA-spec LS6 heads sound interesting and Dave Farmer says they also use stock valves.

Congrats again.

Don

Rippied.Z06 said:
Thanks everyone! Susan got a kick out of it when I showed it to her last night. Gee, that didn't sound right.:eek: Thanks especially to JC and the moderators for picking our Z06 to feature first. :cheers:

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Don, I didn't write the flow numbers down for the heads, but I remember Doug telling me they were real happy with them. I think Doug could give you the details and that he could duplicate them. We did a stage 1 package for cost reasons and because I road race and a high peak hp number isn't as important as a flat torque curve and power building to redline. The car pulls hard and I think the trap speed I got of 120.95 could have been higher, but I shifted to 4th too early (about 6200 rpms) for some dumb reason. Next time, I would shift a redline and I think a 123 mph trap is possible running these stock valves.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Nice addition one nice car!:)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Congratulations Susan and Ron!!! :cheers: Not only do they have a great looking car, but they are two of the nicest people I know. :yeadog: Ron has helped both my husband and me do various mods and work on our Vettes. They are so much fun to go cruising with, race with and do a few third gear pulls against. Our road trips with them are never boring. Our unofficial club, The Minnesota Renegades, uses Ron's motto, "Drive it like you stole it" on our shirts and he does! After riding with me around the race course in Joliet, one of the nicest things my husband ever said to me was, "JC, you drive like Ron Marks!" :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts