Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I received a real nice color packet from GM today. It included individaul 8.5 x 11 spec sheets on new GM cars and trucks. They even included some "premium features" on the upcoming Cadillac XLR 2- door hard top convertible, including a color pic of the new Caddy. (Yes, I like what I see).

Ok, so your thinking, what does this have to do with the C6 Vet?

Under the heading "premium features" they list the following items.

* One button fully automatic folding convertible hard top.

* XM Satellite radio.

* MagneRide active suspension damping.

* Infotainment.

* Navigation with 7-inch LCD color display.

* Keyless vehicle (push button start & entry).

* HID headlamps/LED tail lamps

* Heated & cooled seats

* Variable Transmission, switch from automatic to a 5-speed manual.

* Fixed roll-bar

My thoughts are that since GM will offer these items on the upcoming (available 2003) XLR Caddy, I STRONGLY feel they will offer some of the same features/options on the C6 since the technology/parts/suppliers, etc will all be in place within the GM system!

Just my two sense, but I've been watching the auto industry for over 40 years and believe it or not, learned a thing or two on how they operate.

What do you think?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I think you're probably right. However, I would bet that many of the things listed will be options. One touch folding top = weight. Something us vette guys aren't going to like.

the XM radio is cool though. I really wish GM would get rid of the DIN and half stereo size - and do like the Japanese (whoa, am I praising something the Japanese do?) and use a standard sized radio.

The trans, I bet we'll see it in the vette as well, tho, an expensive option, like the 5spd auto in the trucks.

Please god, put the HIDs in the vette.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Nice for the caddy, coupes and verts.
Please don't pussy out the Z06 GM.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I spoke to the dealer I purchased my 2002 Z06 from, they already have 83 orders for the 2003 and 29 orders for the C6 already.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
FRC Tom said:
I think the Vette cruiser guys will like it dolled up. But I agree. Leave the Z06 as a ButtBuster!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
0 Posts
sigung86 said:

I think the Vette cruiser guys will like it dolled up. But I agree. Leave the Z06 as a ButtBuster!!!:cheers:
Thanks for the info Zip!! :cool: If they put all of that crap on a Z06, it'll weigh 4000 lbs.!! :eek: I don't want no creampuff pu$$ymobile!! :lol:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
FRC Tom said:
I agree :)

I'd rather see:

1) more power
2) better handling
3) better brakes
4) F1 sequential shift system (a la Ferrari, Aston Martin)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
fcalmes said:
pu$$ymobile!! :lol:
Hmmmm.... some folks say that's what a Vette is!! (as in babe magnet):lol: :lol: :D
:cheers:

J

·
0 Posts
You guys can say what you want. I hope this car is a success in the marketplace. The more successful it is.. the better then Corvette and the next generation Z06 will be.

If they take the basic chassis and tune it for luxury and it works...I believe we will see advancements in performance applications as well

Aluminum Hydroformed frame rails for 2800lb target weight are available for the corvette b/c of the dual purpose production.

This is just an example of how many cool things we will be offered.

The fact that the supercharged Caddy will pump out at least 405 hp will be what in actuality pushes the next generation C6 which should weigh 2800 lbs to over 450 ponies..

JMO! ;)

·
Registered
0 Posts
As far as any delays go on the C6....word I have is, "Launch dates are always tweeked, but don't expect delays!!" :D

Also, since the Z06 has become so popular, don't expect a name change, such as Z07!!

And, Corvettes are selling like hotcakes, no extended plant shutdowns are expected.

One more tidbit, don't expect all of those options for the Caddy to be added to the Vette...especially the Z06 !! Expect the Z06 to be kept lean and mean-er!! :cool:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
fcalmes said:
One more tidbit, don't expect all of those options for the Caddy to be added to the Vette...especially the Z06 !! Expect the Z06 to be kept lean and mean-er!! :cool:
I like the Z06 being "Lean and Mean-er" :yeadog:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nah. Cripes my 1999 Caddy has great stuff in it that's not even in my 01 Z. Just look at the crappy radio in the Vette compared to the RDS ratio in the Caddy, for example.

The Vette will continue to be the high end of a low end car line as opposed to the high end of a high end car line.

Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I would like to see the Vette remain the balls to the wall american muscle car with no frills. Altough Zenon lamps would be nice as well as a triptronic ( paddle) shifter. We can't expect this to be cheap though. Your not going to find another american street car that will smoke most high end high dollar imports for $50,000. BTW how do you get these brocures? I owned numerous GM vehicles and never see the books that evryone is talking about. The Corvette hologram or the sneak peeks I hear about.

·
Registered
457 Posts
:eek: The WUSSY Cadillac creature conforts are fine for the "cruisers":p

Us Z06 speed freaks want more " power/lighter weight " performance :z:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
2005 Z06

"I had the opportunity to talk with an engineer from Dana Corp. yesterday. He
told me they had just received final approval from GM for their prototype
all-aluminum frame for the 2005. The frame is for the C6 version of the Z06.
He said that it was designed to incorporate a big block engine with
horsepower in the 500+ area, but that the final decisions on how much HP,
has not been determined as yet. He did say that the frame was a real
challenge to put together and a very enjoyable task as well, he was very
happy that the final approval was given and anticipated the beginning of
production in April or May of 2004. He also stated that there would be a
maximum of 7000 frames built for 2005 because GM is going to limit the Z06
in its first year of the new generation."
Looks like the ZO6 is going to be around for a while. :D

·
Registered
0 Posts
I might want to also add, there were some firings at GM for releasing classified information.....so, my sources will NEVER be known and they will NEVER be directly quoted.

Frank...not burning bridges!! :)

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
02ZO6 said:
BTW how do you get these brocures? I owned numerous GM vehicles and never see the books that evryone is talking about. The Corvette hologram or the sneak peeks I hear about.
02Z06: The package I received was from GM to it's "Ambassador" members. The GM Ambassador program was set up to inform GM owners of the product lineup with specifications and comparisons, so that their friends would buy GM products. I used to be employed by GM and that is why I received the mailing.

Zippy :z: :z:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts