Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started up the new engine yesterday and this time she was backfiring real bad.
I went through the plugs and wires and all looks good.
I'm slightly baffled. The only thing I can think of is my adjustable timing chain.
Any thoughts?
I've only got a week before I want to leave for the fest.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I think I've got it.
I plugged in my scanner and low and behold one of my o2 sensors is not working.
Now I shouldn't have had to go through all this stress because when an o2 sensor is not working right it throws a code. I was not getting any codes at all, so I open up my file.
It turns out that when my exhaust was done a couple of years back the brain dead tuner (this is before I started tuning PCMs) not only turned off all the codes for the rear o2s, but all of the codes for the fronts have been turned off also.
:flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Gald you got it figured out....My high school buddy (Jim Lembo) has nothing but good things to say about you and I would really like to meet you at the fest. I am going to Jim's place this Friday (Colorado) and spending the weekend with him and then caravaning to the fest. :z: :z: :z: :z: :z: :z:

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Tom;

You know the old saying, if you wanted done right, do it yourself. Glad you got it figured out. I have heard of tuners doing that.
Have fun at the Fest.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tszwec said:
Gald you got it figured out....My high school buddy (Jim Lembo) has nothing but good things to say about you and I would really like to meet you at the fest. I am going to Jim's place this Friday (Colorado) and spending the weekend with him and then caravaning to the fest. :z: :z: :z: :z: :z: :z:
Hey Tom,
Ole' Jimbo talked of you a few times when we were tooling around FL a few months back. Looking foward to meeting you.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
16Again said:
Get back in the garage and finish the darn beast. :p
BOBBBBBBBBBBBBBB!!!!!
How you been old friend.
Mark and I were just talking today about coming down to Moroso in Aug to see you guys.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well new o2s and it's still F#@*&D.
Stick a fork in me I'm done. I just don't have the energy or dollars to continue. :blush:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Tom,

Can you get it to run long enough to throw a code?

Les

FRC Tom said:
Stick a fork in me I'm done. I just don't have the energy or dollars to continue. :blush:

·
21,356 Posts
FRC Tom said:
Tom, keep at bud! Are the O2s putting out voltage now that you replaced them? If not, perhaps a wiring problem.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
FRC Tom said:

Oh no Tom,
You've come toooo far to quit while there is still a second of time. Come on you always come thru, take a breath and step away for awhile. Then come at it again.
Don't you quit now!!

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm just burnt out right now, I'll get it figured. Hopefully before the weekend.
No codes,. o2s are working great.
My bank2 LTFTs are maxed out on the positve side.
I do have a crane double adjustable timing chain and maybe it has slipped.
Damn I don't want to pull the front of the engine apart if I don't have to.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Good luck with it Tom...I'm sure you'll figure it out! :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Don't give up Tom. Take a break, and work the problem. You can do it. Let us know how she sounds when she hits on all 8. Don

1 - 17 of 17 Posts