Corvette Z06 Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
EnzoM said:
Kingpin - Maybe TetraU was calling the jounalists that appear to be misinformed "stupid". Just giving the benefit of the doubt.

And 13 seconds on the ring is a major improvement. Imagine being almost 2 seconds per lap quicker around Spa. Turn a Minardi into a McLaren.

In the small chance that you are right, my apologies.
But, I wouldn't count on it.

kingpin

·
Registered
296 Posts
KINGPIN said:
EnzoM said:
Kingpin - Maybe TetraU was calling the jounalists that appear to be misinformed "stupid". Just giving the benefit of the doubt.

And 13 seconds on the ring is a major improvement. Imagine being almost 2 seconds per lap quicker around Spa. Turn a Minardi into a McLaren.

In the small chance that you are right, my apologies.
But, I wouldn't count on it.

kingpin
Apology accepted! :yeadog:

·
Registered
296 Posts
FLYNLO said:
My question to you is do you realize how much 13 seconds is????????? In ANY venue, racers work and tweak to gain tenths of seconds. 13 seconds may as well be an hour. I won't quote your last sentence. But it is ironic.
13 sec is a lot until you put it into context. The C6Z is 100bhp 75 ft-lb better than the C5Z. On top of that, it weighs about the same. It has a much wider tire grip. It has an infinitely better(stiffer) frame. The weight of the car is balanced better. It has a higher rpm which allows the engine to be kept in good power band longer. All this add up to a very reasonable 13 sec quicker.

Now we know that the C6Z has been confirmed of ding 7:42"9 at the Ring by a Eurpean mag. Now if GM wanted a car to compete with the enzo, the CGT and the FGT(no pun intended;)) then it had better put on a better showing than just 600bhp doing a couple of seconds better than the C6Z. :eek:

Again, I am not killing the messanger here. All I am saying is that the people who put out of this kind of rumor should have their heads examed. :screwy:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Another thought: If the Blue Devil has a supercharger LS7 in its engine bay then what kind of boost is it running that only nets the darn thing 95bhp or 70rwhp. 3 or 4 lb of boosts?

Stupid is as stupid speculates!;)

·
Registered
685 Posts
RC45 said:
Well... he said look out for a new all-out street legal car lap record to be confirmed in the next couple days.

BTW - the new fastest car is a German, for which there is no substitute... and I will leave it at that until the official word gets out :p
Are you takling about the new Porsche 911 GT2?

Yep, I'd say it's 7:15 lap time is pretty quick...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Dock said:
Are you takling about the new Porsche 911 GT2?

Yep, I'd say it's 7:15 lap time is pretty quick...
It was a GT2, but a tuner version (EDO) not the 997 GT2.

btw: On street legal tires 7:15 is insane!

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
luke1 said:
It was a GT2, but a tuner version (EDO) not the 997 GT2.

btw: On street legal tires 7:15 is insane!
More precisely a tuned GT2-R.

·
Registered
68 Posts
1, The Edo car is a full blown race car. They have to have license plate to run on normal "tourist" days, so that's just a legal technicality and yes, it's insanely fast. BTW, they had 1 for sale several weeks ago with just the decals removed. No price listed but I figured if you have to ask, you can't afford it.

2, concerning the earlier comments about the car being airborne, ANY car can get airborne at the ring, Including myself at the same location. That picture hit the European forums and the 1st comment was, "yeah that happens," so it's really nothing special. I normally lift off the throttle a bit and hit it at about 100-105mph so the wheel don't go completely airborne, but could easily hit it at 115-120 and launch the car

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
That's hardly a fair comparison. I wonder if you can change CDs from rock to rap at 155 mph in that Porsche, of if the roll cage would get in the way of your hands. I also love the pop riveted, flush plexi headlamp covers.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Lancer033 said:
1, The Edo car is a full blown race car. They have to have license plate to run on normal "tourist" days, so that's just a legal technicality and yes, it's insanely fast. . .
Well, THAT and the pictures certainly help put in in the category of "Production Car".

So, I guess it's the European version of ricer tuner/drifter cars, only starting at a "slightly higher" plane, and done by "the shop" for a few more $'s.

Actually, I kinda envision myself in the driver's seat, pulling up to the Taco Bell window for my two chalupas and a medium drink, and seeing the adoring admiration on the girl's face as I give her the exact change down to the penny. :thumb:

41 - 55 of 55 Posts