Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a cam & exhaust only Z06 with 417rwhp. Well, I'm wondering how I can get more out of it on a budget?

I'd like to keep the car N/A, so the nitrous route is out. I'm willing to break into the car and swap cams and install a set of AFRs or a used set of ARE Stage 3 that I have the possibility to obtain.

I have the following mods currently, and don't intend on changing them out:

Supermaxx LT headers
GHL Magnum Catback
Halltech Stinger intake
ASP u/d pullies
160* thermostat

The cam coming out is a 230/228 .590/.588 114. The cam I'm interested in is something larger, possibly G5X3 or have any suggestions?

I'd like to get to the 465-470rwhp mark with only the heads and cam swap, no meziere waterpump, no LSX intake.

Question is, can it be done guys? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I'm sure it can be done but, drivability and TQ will suffer. You will need a big cam with .600+ lift and some great heads. IMO :z:

·
Registered
596 Posts
case2307 said:
I'm sure it can be done but, drivability and TQ will suffer. You will need a big cam with .600+ lift and some great heads. IMO :z:
I agree...........Why not a FAST intake and throttle body? Are you willing to increase compression and run a higher octane fuel? 470 isn't alot to ask for but you'll need to get that power out of some really good heads like the AFR 60cc when they are released and maybe a G5X3 or G5X4 depending on the cubes you have that would be a good cam. You get what you pay for and I understand the budget just don't cut corners too much if you can avoid it. Just my $.02 :guiness:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The reason for avoiding the Fast intake and throttle body is mainly cost. We have octane 93 at every station around here, and that's what I always use anyways. Race fuel would be harder to come by. So as long as the heads can run off 93, it's ok. ;)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Jagrmaister said:
The reason for avoiding the Fast intake and throttle body is mainly cost. We have octane 93 at every station around here, and that's what I always use anyways. Race fuel would be harder to come by. So as long as the heads can run off 93, it's ok. ;)
Wait for the AFR 60 cc heads, LGM cam, and in the future when you can afford it go for the FAST intake and throttle body. Heads, cam , intake, and throttle body will put you over the mark. You'll have more than what you're asking for. :coo:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What about purchasing a set of AFR 205 66cc milled .040 with G5X3? Getting close? :lol: I really would like another 50rwhp, because 417rw just isn't enough!

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
If you get a wet nitrous system your car remains as it is now i.e. noramlly aspirated. The wet system provides its own gas for the size of the shot so you don't change anything on the rest of your engine.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Cartek heads and cam packages make your number 470 rwhp without EWP and Fast 90/90. With or without these mods you can use 93octane and it will be perfectly streetable. The fast 90/90 will effect driveabiltity slightly IMO. The 78mm fast will give you about 10 rwhp if you didn't want to spend the money on the 90mm TB and possible deal with minor driveability issues. I'm expecting 50 rwhp when I do the heads eventually.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts