Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this still possible? I would love to see my car on the line. I have heard of some great experiences dealing with this, and it sounds like something that I would absolutely love to do. Does anyone have any info. on how you go about making the necessary arrangements for this??
Please help guys, I would really love to do this!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
You need to call the plant. I have Sonny's old # somewhere. I'm sure they still have someone answering the phone. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Maybe one of the other guys that are going to the plant have the #.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Check with your dealer, he may have some pull. Also, are you a museum member? Memeber of the C5Registry? Sometimes those contacts go a long way...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sonny old phone number is (270) 745-8184, I hope this could help.

I was at BG on 7/30 with Sonny as everyone has said Sonny is one of a kind.

Got VIN # from dealer and dealer said the car should have been put on the truck yesterday or today /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Vetroc,

Let me be a bit more specific. Of course you need an order and a Target Production Week (TPW). When your order status reaches 3100, the TPW is set, however, the car could start on any day of the TPW. Corvettes are scheduled by sequence number. The plant builds about 130 cars per day so to pin down your dates you also need some information on the sequences moving through the plant.

We previously received this info from Sonny Kilgo until he retired. Now we are all struggling to get the data. Your dealer can give you the Order number, the status and the TPW. We all seem to be on our own in trying to get the other info.

Good Luck!

Jerboa /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. It would be quite an experience to get to do this. I'll keep trying to find out whatever I can about this. I think it would be great if we all knew exactly what we had to do in order to set something like this up. Hopefully, between all of us we will be able to figure it out.
Thanks Again guys /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Paging VETROC,

I feel the same way you do about seeing your being built "I WANNA DO IT".Would it be possible to share any info you get on how to do this.You can e mail me direct if you like.Thanks, Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts