With Corvettes, the first thing I want to know is if that dealer has any allocations for that month. As I understand it, Z06 allocations are seperate. Then, how much will you discount the sticker.
I ordered my first C5 from a local dealer. They gave me a real good price. When I checked on the order status a month later I was told that it was not on order because they didn't have any allocations for another 2 months. I called and complained within GM for a couple weeks before I gave up and went to another dealer who had allocations.
By the way, it seems that the dealers that have allocations are pretty big, give discounts, and have pro corvette techs.
It's nice to have a good relationship with the salesperson but I would rather get the car, and get it at a fair price, than make a friend.
I have not had the pleasure of buying a "Brand New" Vette, yet. When, however, that happens, it will be where the price is good, and I suspect that will be a forum dealer. They seem to be most understanding and quickest to work with our members.:cheers:
I ordered a Torch Red from my dealer (who I had purchased 2 C5s from already). They were "only" going to charge me 5k over sticker :roll: . After by build date was pushed back twice I started looking around for one. Fcalmes and RAT on the CF were driving me crazy with their uplifting reviews. They got a Red one in Denver, (I lived there at the time), for only 25k over!!
Frustration was setting in and I picked up a copy of the Dupont Registry and found Maxie Price. I talked to Danny Scalf and he told me they had a Speedway White Z06 with a Mod Red interior that he would give me for MSRP. I wired him 2k to hold the car, flew out there the next day and drove it back from Atlanta to Denver. WHAT A BLAST!!! I even stopped in St. Louis and had some beverages with Fcalmes and Black Magic!!
I started by trying my local dealer. No dice, they only sold four Vettes last year (the fifth was in the showroom). Then went for a bigger dealer that might have allocation. But I also wanted a good price.
Tried making calls - including supporting dealers. Didn't like the deals they were offering, if you could call them deals, and if they would call me back.
Found a guy in the local sports car club who had just ordered one and went to his salesman. Same deal. $1000 off and I was next on the list.
Months went by. The allocation promised didn't materialize. I yanked my order. Called a forum vendor, but the deal started to go sour. I wanted it so bad I was going to take a ribbing on it, till the dealer that had my order before called (the check was in my hand for the deposit and I was about to leave for the post office when he called) and told me he got the allocation and it was mine if I wanted. I took it.
Ended up being the cheapest deal I could get. I could have had it sooner, but at a higher price.
Next time I will pay more attention to allocation. But I will go with someone with less allocation to avoid the crap I went through with one particular dealer (who I will still try again in the future - the salespeople were pretty good).
I bought mine from my local dealer, paid just over MSRP (I know, Iknow, but I was ignorant at the time...). I went over one afternoon once I decided to buy a Z and sat down to start discussing the car and the deal, and the saleman told me that GM had called them that day (Wed.) and that they could order their Z (I was told they were only being allocated one for the year) on Friday. So I plunked down the deposit on Thursday, the car was ordered on Friday, and I had it 10 weeks later.
To this point the service at this dealer has been good. However, when I buy again it will be from one of our fine Forum vendors.
First, as my call sign states I was waiting for a 2003 and still am. Second, got a great deal that was just verbal 2.5% over invoice with no money down. Wife tells me do it that I deserve it, , I married a great woman.
Made deal on April 12th, thought yea right no money down to hold and order the 2002 EB Z06 at 2.5% over dealer invoice.
Well got called early May that order was placed and accepted Ooh my God it's really happenning Got TPW for 07/30 and hooked up Sonny at BG to watch car being built at the last two days before he retired. Everything is just working out without a hitch.
Got paged by dealer on 08/10/01 in the afternoon that the car arrived. Rushed to the dealer and the excitment was on my top three things that happened to me, getting married, the birth of my 3 kids and know my dream, a NEW EB Z06 that was perfect
Have been smiling ever since and the people and support here has made it that much better.
My dealer called...stated he had just gotten one more allocation...could still build the car in SW (we knew it was going away)...offered me a few bucks off MSRP....ordered car.....took a total of 1.5 hours including the test drive in a used Z06 he had on the lot.
Other and Price.
It was the only dealer that had a 2002 MY that would discount a Yellow Z06. So off to Chicago I went and drove it 800 miles home sweet home And everyone lived happily ever after (at my house anyway since dad got his toy and was happy)
I have purchased 5 new Vets from 3 different Detroit area dealers, and each time I shop, I contact many dealers from all across America. Mainly call dealers that I know have experience, allocation, and I let them know from the beginning I am serious about buying a new Vet.
Fortunately, living near Detroit, competition between Chevy dealers is pretty fierce, so I can shop around and get a good price.
I bought mine from a well known dealer who has a reputation for best price AND excellent service.2 main reasons......I don't think people who ordered back in July got much more than the $2500 off MSRP that I got.They sell more vettes than all the other Chevy dealers combined in my area.
There were no '02 Z06's in stock in Rochester NY so I did a search on the internet using gmbuypower.com. I found mine in Syracuse NY (90 miles away) on 9/27/01. What was nice about this, is that they had the exact same car that I would have ordered (Black/Mod Red) and I got the 2.9% GMAC financing for 60 months.