Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my Z tonight and after 51 miles.. and many test drives for friends, I noticed that my window molding was not staying put. Here is a photo.. any one else have this?

Can I fix or should I take to dealer? I've tried to push it back in place and it stays in place as long as window holds it in. As soon as I open the door, it sags again. :( Bummer..

·
Registered
631 Posts
That should be repaired by the dealer. Looks like the rubber is shorter than normal. Is there adhesive behind the rest of it ?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No adhesive there now..

Wondering if I should just squirt some permatex in there and leave it at that.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Odd, GM usually goes nuts with the damned adhesive......

Look around, you'll find some :)

My biggest complaint with the car is where the air ducts connect to the doors, look on the dash side of it and it looks like someone cut the hole with a damn butterknife......So easy and cheap to make this right, yet they skimp on it......This is just plain crap.....

JC

·
Registered
631 Posts
Let the dealer fix it, otherwise they will blame you for something.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Take it to the dealer. For two reasons; 1) it will documented 2) That way the dealer will know its one more thing to inspect carefully before delivery. Hopefully they will also pass it on to Bowling Green so that no one else has the same problem.

Also, (hopefully) your dealer will throw in the first oil change or something. If they don't offer first, ask for it. My dealer in Laurel, MD has never refused to do the oil change when I've gone in for warrranty work or check up.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Definitely take it to a dealer, any Chevy dealer, for repairs. That Z should have never been released to you like that. :flaming:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Ditto on taking it to the dealer.....that's what the warranty is for.

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
There is a channel....

.......that the molding slides into. You can push the molding back in but it my not be locked in the channel. The factory does not use adhesive on the molding. Carefully use a small flat screw driver to push the small tab of the molding on its back side into the locking channel. This molding most often comes out when you scrape it with your back when getting in in a hurry. Be careful.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dealer Fixed it

Dealer took care of it first thing this morning. She's all better... thanks for the advise.. I could have squirted the same adhesive stuff in there, but now she's documented. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts