Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
No, it's the outreageous price that makes them work so well. I mean, it's gotta be better if it costs that much, right? And they're purdy. :)

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
Yeah, I wanted one of those cool carbon fiber ones - until I saw the price :jawdrop: what a joke.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Manufactures test their product multiple ways and multiple times. They take the highest number that they get and advertise it. Every car and setup is different so the hp gain IF ANY will vary. Do not bother unless you got extra money and are going for aesthetics.

·
Registered
259 Posts
After-market air bridges will make more HP ( they flow more air ) BUT you have to be making 500 HP or more IMHO save your $$$$$$ unless you are making the HP

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Your air filter (exposed or not, size) makes more difference than the air bridge. Air bridge is just bling.

Alex :D

·
Registered
882 Posts
But it is such kool Bling Bling! :coo:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
See, I told you they're purdy!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dr.Ron said:
Hey Luis,
I've heard they are dress up items, not performance items.
Headers on yet?
Ron

They should be on the way, but I only have time after I come back from Indiannapolis F1 :yeadog:

·
Banned
809 Posts
Air bridges are a waste of money for performance reasons. Buy whichever one looks best to you.

IT L GO said:
Especially with the matching radiator cover :thumb: :thumb:
Where did you get the radiator shroud cover? It does look nice. Having a carbon fiber air bridge with nothing else carbon fiber in the engine bay would look kind of stupid otherwise IMO.

Sal

·
Registered
882 Posts
salvador said:
Where did you get the radiator shroud cover? It does look nice. Having a carbon fiber air bridge with nothing else carbon fiber in the engine bay would look kind of stupid otherwise IMO.
Sal
Your right, so I added covers for both reservoirs -- kinda balances the look without having to go too extreme. Liked how he replicated the OEM look of the covers as well. Plus there are no holes in the radiator shroud if you order custom. :)

For HP, I think that the accordion air coupler is a problem. Definitely go smooth there. :sneaky:

Got them from the manufacturer in Montrose, CO -- from an ebay link. PM me for his ebay name and direct contact email if interested. There are more pieces available and in colors as well. :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts