Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to hear how all of you with V 1's configure your radar detectors.

I have the remote unit wired up also.

Yes I did read the manual, however, it did not answer my questions as clearly as you guys will, here on the forum.

Thanks in advance.

Zapper

·
Registered
837 Posts
I run mine in the "little L" mode which filters out much of the extraneous X-band signals spawned by door-openers and burglar alarms.

Hardwiring is a good answer. Here is a how-to:
http://www.frankhunt.com/FRANK/hobbies/corvette/options/valentine_install.html

Most folks favor the suction mount close to the rear-view mirror. For me that site is too visible, should, perish the thought, a trooper peer in the driver's side window. So I mount mine in the extreme upper left corner of the windshield deep in the tint. Sensitivity there seems fine; it's alarms are easily seen without diverting my eyes from the road; and it's NOT visible from outside the car.

I bought the remote, tried various mounting points for it and eventually concluded that it was simply unnecessary.

Ranger

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Settings..

I run mine with the larger 'L' illuminated. This setting is recommended for around town driving and combatting all the false signals(i.e.-openers,hospitals..etc.)
:cheers:
Zman

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Ranger...............

I see you're post...........HOW does this position affect the REAR pick up??.
The instructions say to keep the unit OUT of the shaded area, and also, have the unit clear to see front & rear...............
??????????

·
Registered
217 Posts
Programming the V1

Valentine One User Programmable Features

Certain operational features of the Valentine One are programmable and may be modified by the user under special field conditions.

CAUTION! Modification of these operational features should be done with care since doing so will alter the full protection that the factory programming provides.

To enter the programming mode turn on the Valentine One while pressing the Control Knob until all lights on the front panel are illuminated. (The Control Knob must be pressed for about 5 seconds at power up to enter the programming mode.)

To display your software version number, release and quickly press the Control Knob again momentarily. The 4 digit software version number will be shown one digit at a time on the Bogey Counter.

NOTE! User programmability is available only on units with software version of 2.680 or greater.

To gain access to the first user programmable feature, quickly press the Control Knob once again. (The Bogey Counter displays which programmable feature is being accessed (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, A, b, C, d, E, F, G or H.)

The Ahead Arrow and Behind Arrow indicate the current setting of the programmable feature as described below.

To change the current setting of the programmable feature, press and hold the Control Knob for about 3 seconds or until you see the direction arrow change from its current setting.

To step to the next programmable feature press the Control Knob quickly and you will see the next feature number appear on the Bogey Counter.

To exit the programming mode the Valentine One must be turned off.

The user programmable features are described below:

Item Feature Arrow Options (* = Factory Setting)
1 X Band Ahead * Normal - X band detection enabled
Behind X band detection disabled

2 K Band Ahead * Normal - K band detection enabled
Behind K band detection disabled

3 Ka Band Ahead * Normal - Ka band detection enabled
Behind Ka band detection disabled

4 Laser Ahead * Normal - Laser detection enabled
Behind Laser detection disabled

5 Ka Bar graph Ahead * Normal - Ka bar graph emphasis
Behind Weak Ka signals seem stronger

6 Ka falsing Ahead * Normal - Ka false alarm suppressed
Behind Ka false alarm not suppressed

7 (Unused)

8 Muting Ahead * Normal - Reduced Volume when muted
Behind Complete silence when muted

A Bogey Lock Tone Ahead * Normal - Reduced Volume when muted
Behind Soft Bogy lock tone when muted

b (Unused)

C (Unused)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Re: Ranger...............

ZO6LS6 said:
I see you're post...........HOW does this position affect the REAR pick up??.
The instructions say to keep the unit OUT of the shaded area, and also, have the unit clear to see front & rear...............
??????????
ZO6LS6, I run it there (extreme upper left of the windshield deep in the tint) and find the receptivity forward and aft more than ample for my driving and environment. The V1 gives so much warning that giving up some small increment, if any, to achieve a true hidden position for the receiver is not really much of a compromise. My unit seems to have no trouble picking up signals from the rear.

Ranger

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Mr Zapper:

I mount mine w/o the remote unit. Everyone has their preference.

For assistance is setting the various modes, suggest you contact Valentine directly. They've always been very helpful with me, and I bought mine years ago.

FYI: www.valentine1.com or 1-800-331-3030, or 513-984-8900 or if you have time to wait, snail mail them at Valentine, Inc. 10280 Alliance Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45242.

Hope this helps. :D

Zip :z: :z: never leaves home without it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts