Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Corvette Club spent the day at TPiS for an open house. For those of you that don't know, TPiS is one of the premier Chev. engine builders in the nation. They are in the process of converting an LS6 block to 435 cubic inches. They expect 600+ hp and 600+ torque on pump gas with about an 11.0 to 1 compression ratio. :eek: The engine will be installed in a Z06 when completed. TPiS engines are durable, streetable, and just plain nasty. Some of their L98 and LT1 engine mods are legendary. ZZ9 cam, mini-ram, etc. Remember, they were the designers and first retailers of the Donaldson Blackwing. I for one cannot wait to see this engine. :cool: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Sounds great...I wonder if they are claiming that 600/600 to the wheels? More than likely, that's at the crank...510rwhp is still pretty stout for a bored/stroked motor, I'd love to see the details of that setup, valve sizes, flow numbers, cam specs, etc...it's a gonna be pricey too, I bet! :guiness:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
That's why I posted little Guiness-Man.....just get hammered and spend the money when drunk - you'll never know the difference later....hell, I did that two nights ago on some headers/xpipe/rotors/accessories....:D

:cheers: :guiness:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Drivetrain???

I have no doubt that 600 flywheel HP is achievable, but what about the drivetrain components in a stock Z06? That's 200 HP more than stock. Will the rest of the driveline, transmission, differential, etc, hold up to this much power? I suspect that if you had 600 HP and used it regularly, you might have frequent failures of drivetrain components?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts