Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How does your wife or girlfriend feel about you owning a Corvette? Does she feel deprived and think your selfish or does it make her happy because your happy? Is she an enthusiast like you? Just curious, in my two relationships Corvettes were a contributing factor to doom.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
My wife wanted the Corvette at least as much as I did. She's Cool! :cool:

·
Registered
693 Posts
She has absolutely no comprehension of my passion but is very happy that I'm happy.

I'm so lucky & I'm going to keep her :thumb:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
She's behind me in my "Corvette Mania". She's never batted an eye at the money spent on our Z, which at this point in time isn't chicken feed.
She's also made and honest effort at doing the car guy thing with me.
Went to Barrett-Jackson, Rubys, etc. We are going to do Pebble Beach this year as well. So all in all, the better half has been great, letting this old guy do his thing.

Zrod

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
She has two corvettes, I have one, she is very happy. She likes her's I love mine :D :yeadog:

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
LOL, Gary...I think I'm headed down your path. Mine has yet to get in my car with me since I bought it almost 2 years ago. She drove in it once with my oldest son about a week or two after i had it, but that's it. :roll:

She knows I've spent money on it, but how much is still a mystery, :sneaky: not that I really care. ;)

Don

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Both my wife and girlfreind are happy for me :yeadog:

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Red Kelly said:
Both my wife and girlfreind are happy for me :yeadog:
Red, You are a very lucky man! :D :thumb:

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Don Benson said:
LOL, Gary...I think I'm headed down your path. Mine has yet to get in my car with me since I bought it almost 2 years ago. She drove in it once with my oldest son about a week or two after i had it, but that's it. :roll:

She knows I've spent money on it, but how much is still a mystery, :sneaky: not that I really care. ;)

Don
Don, You better keep "how much" a very deep secret! :eek:

·
Registered
181 Posts
She likes the car...Sometimes I think she is more afraid of it than she will admit.She has never complained :mah: about the money I have spent on mods,but she has not figured out why I would spend all that money on a new car and then start replacing everything on it :screwy: :coo:

·
Registered
494 Posts
My wife wanted me to buy the vette because she knew that it woulld make me happy,now she wants me to buy her a new kitchen,and the kitchen she wants has alot of MODs in it :eek: :eek2:

·
Registered
583 Posts
My wife LOVES the car. she thinks its sexy and she likes to watch me drive it. She is learning more about them too just like I did. Now when we go out she will look for vettes and tell me if it was a coupe or vert. We have the only EB in Shreveport, LA but there are a few coupes in blue running around. She is really getting into it. When I tell her I bought something for the corvette she asks what it is and what does that do. So I would have to say my wife kicks ass!

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Don Benson said:
Gary,

You've heard the saying, "cash is king," haven't you? :yeadog: Long live the king! :lol:

Don
Funny story.... a good friend of mine has 3 older Vettes. His wife thinks that his mother actually gave him the money to buy these cars. This is what he told his wife, but it is actually his "mad money" that came from bonus's from work that bought these cars. The only problem now is, his wife wants him to sell 2 of the Corvettes for his 2 daughters upcoming weddings. His wife also hates his mother and feels this is a perfect payback.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The girlfriend I had when I bought the vette actually encouraged me to get it...she loved it. :thumb: The next one hated it...thought it was just bling. She'd rather I had spend that money on her! :rofl: LoL...yeah, I'm single again.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Girlfriend??? I don't have money for a girlfriend. I need a sponsor. If I can find one of those we'll get married! :D :lol:

1 - 20 of 109 Posts