Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in standstill traffic today, and I noticed that my Temp guage went up past 220 (the middle). Although not much past, I was wondering how hot everyone else's Z's were running under similar conditions. It was about 80* out at the time.

·
Registered
77 Posts
In traffic, 205; typically 190. Ambient temps here have been 95 - 100.
But I have a 178 thermostat & fan set to come on at 190.

ChrisG

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
If you let it idle long enough in hot weather the temp gauge (and temp display on the DIC) will go as high as 225 F. This is when the cooling fans start to kick in, and the temp should not get above 230. All the C5s run this hot in non-moving traffic situations.

Alot of guys put in cooler thermostats and do somthing to make the cooling fans kick on at a lower temperature.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Markmy02 said:
Anyone using "waterwetter" by redline?
<<, I use Redline water wetter in all my cars and trucks,but donot notice a difference in both Vetts.On the track this week it was 105-107, Z runs 235-240 with oil at 265. I just take two cool down laps to bring the temp down and leave the car at idle with the air on when cooling in pits..I have found doing the last cool down lap without touching the brakes, the T1 rotors donot warp.The additive I use in the trans has brought the fluid temp down 12-14 degrees.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts