Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finalized my purchase decision and began contacting dealers about ordering a 2002 Z06. I'm being told 9 months or so from today. I'm told orders for 2002 will be accepted by The plant in the May time frame. So, does 7 months seem normal? I know it has to do with allocations. I was told this based on their 2001 allocations and they expect at least as many allocations for 2002. IF they get more, then the wait should be less than 7 months.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

Joe

[This message has been edited by GNX Guy (edited 03-13-2001).]

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
My dealer will put my order in the middle of May and I hope to have the car by early Aug at the latest.

------------------
Carl V. *****Authorized Zaino Distributor*****
Huntingdon Valley, PA.** 2000 Magnetic Red Convertible **
MN6,F45,QF5,AQ9,AG2,CJ2,T96,B34,AAB,UN0,U1S,JL4,UV6,T82,N37
** Corvette Club of Delaware Valley **

www.hcvind.com
E-Mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Ordered mine beginning of august and picked it up last week of november.

I think it went by fast until the week it came off the line... after that it felt like eternity. That was the worst part of the wait.

Don
QSZ06

------------------

·
Registered
457 Posts
I ordered mine on Sept. 8 th..........picked it up Jan. 9 th........4 months

It was worth the wait.....still had my 98 C-5 coupe while waiting

------------------

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bought my February allocation in November from a large allocation dealer (Bill Estes Chev in Indianapolis). Vehicle ordered on 2/13/01, will be completed on 3/19/01 (next Monday and maybe 2-3 weeks to get to SLC just in time for SPRING!!! Make SURE that your dealer has allocations...at least 400+ per year.

------------------

·
Registered
117 Posts
I got mine a couple of months after finalizing the deal. Try contacting some of the dealers who work with this site or Corvetteforum.com

My personal suggestion would be to contact Tom Rogers.

------------------
2001 Z06
Quicksilver
Museum Delivery
Thanks Tom Rogers
Top Speed so far 170 (at old airport)

·
Registered
764 Posts
Joe,

A dealer can only order a Z06 if GM has given them an allocation for a Z06. Most dealers have a general idea based on 2001 history as to how many Z06 allocations they will receive in 02. They can not order a car without an allocation.

I suspect one of two things in your case. The dealer does not have many allocations or that they have a list of prior customers for the 02. It should take about 8 weeks after they receive an allocation and place your order to have the car built.

------------------

Black/Black Z06
Xtreme Z06 rolled exhaust plate.

[This message has been edited by Fanatical1 (edited 03-13-2001).]

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ordered my Z06 in mid August - delivered in mid September. Not typical cause I had help inside GM.

------------------
QS/Black - Stock Z06
99 Z28
70 LT-1 T-Top
70 Z28 RS
Amish Buggy (1 H.P.)

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I might add that this dealer is providing a bit of a discount off of MSRP. Therefore, this may be the reason that many of their 2002 allocations may already be sold.

Joe

------------------
87 Buick GNX 1st Non Corvette Ever to be displayed on the Front turn style at the National Corvette Museum

Check out more photos of the National Corvette Museum
96 C4, and a bunch of 86-87 GN's and soon to be Z06 :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
I ordered both my Zs on the first day of the allocation, May 9th, 2000. Received them both on July 31st. Slightly less than 3 mouths. It helps if you order from a dealer with a large allocation.

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

·
Registered
391 Posts
Ordered May 9, took delivery July 27. I would not wait 9 months. Look elswhere.

------------------
Z06,Red,Modified Red.Stock for now.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Joe:

Here's a deal for ya:

I plan on selling my Torch/Black Z06 around Mid August because I expect to receive a 2002 Vet around then. You can save $$$ over a brand new one and I don't take the hit from a dealer on a trade-in.
Win-Win for both of us!

Zippy

Red/Black Z

------------------

·
Registered
219 Posts
Zippy - Your getting another Z - Right!

------------------
QS/Black - Stock Z06
99 Z28
70 LT-1 T-Top
70 Z28 RS
Amish Buggy (1 H.P.)

·
Registered
619 Posts
First and foremost, hello:) to all the ZO6 enthusiasts out there. I am new to this forum and I look forward to having a good time on here. When are the dealers saying that the first batch of 2002 ZO6's should come in? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif:)

·
Registered
457 Posts
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif WECOME ABOARD /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

With your handle......you REALLY need a Z06 /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
Welcome aboard!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

If last year is any indication, the first Z's should start appearing around the end of July.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts