Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi again all

I can't find anything on how long the emission warranty is on a Z06. My car is an 02, with 20k miles, and the 3year bumper to bumper finished in Jan 05.

Since I get this check code P1416 which is associated with the emissions, should this air check valve or whatever it may be, be covered under emission warranty? How long is this warranty? (btw, I am in Canada)

I would like to be well informed before I bring it to the dealer.

thanks again for all the great help

Manny

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bad news, i just called my chevy dealer, and with my VIN number they determined that my warranty for emissions was 3 years only...what a shaft...

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Read your owners manual and in the back it covers the warranty.
By Federal law some of the parts are covered for 5 years. It is more than the normal 3 yrs 36,000 miles

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Emissions are covered under Warranty by Federal Law for 10 years or 100,000 miles except for CATS which are only 50,000 miles.

Not sure if this applies to Canadian cars or Export cars.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am trying to find out what the Canadian laws are about emissions. I am getting mixed reviews. I called up another chevy dealer, and they told me that emissions warranty are 5 years, another dealer told me 8 years, and some tell me that there is no warranty...

I need some asprin...

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
mannygmt2 said:
I am trying to find out what the Canadian laws are about emissions. I am getting mixed reviews. I called up another chevy dealer, and they told me that emissions warranty are 5 years, another dealer told me 8 years, and some tell me that there is no warranty...

I need some asprin...
There is no federal Canadian law requiring coverage for emissions equipment -- unlike in the U.S. -- and coverage for emissions equipment varies. On GM cars sold in Canada there is GM coverage for a defect in materials or workmanship for 3 years/60,000 km and for converters and power train control modules 8 years/130,000 km, according to the company's Web site. :cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
mannygmt2 said:
So basically...i'm screwed...
Do a search on Google.com, there's lots of info. Looks like each Provence has it own laws. :cheers:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its official, I am screwed, no warranty on air check valves and O2 sensor. The only thing that is under warranty is the Catalytic converter 8 years, and the computer thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts