Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long do you wait until putting the shine on your Z06 :eek: :D I'm pretty sure the paint needs some time to cure before waxing. Would waiting two months be enough time before putting the first coat on?:) :)

Dave

·
Registered
123 Posts
Zo6Crazy.

In 6 weeks I've put 1500mi on my Torch Red 2001, and it's been waxed with pure carnauba 4 times (and the oil changed twice.) Zaino would probably be better, but pure wax has always worked for me (if it ain't broke don't fix it) Maybe some of the rest of you want to take this opportunity to pitch Zaino vs Carnauba. This car turns heads everywhere I go, it's almost embarassing how much attention you can get in one of these. :)

EZ

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I picked up my EB on 8/23 at the Museum. The folks at both the factory AND the museum were emphatic that the car should not be waxed for at least 90 days afte it comes off the line. Reason? The clear coat is still not completely dry. I fugue since they buid 'em, they know a lot more than I do....

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Zo6Crazy,

Dealers usually prep them w/wax, should be safe to wax asap.

My dealer was asked for no prep, so I washed and waxed when I got home...........

Have fun and wax away..............

:)

·
Registered
173 Posts
EZ2XLR8 said:
Zo6Crazy.

In 6 weeks I've put 1500mi on my Torch Red 2001, and it's been waxed with pure carnauba 4 times (and the oil changed twice.) Zaino would probably be better, but pure wax has always worked for me (if it ain't broke don't fix it) Maybe some of the rest of you want to take this opportunity to pitch Zaino vs Carnauba. This car turns heads everywhere I go, it's almost embarassing how much attention you can get in one of these. :)

EZ
I agree on the Carnauba I've used it for years on all cars and I have an 88 M3 that is all that has been used on it and it looks like new. I ain't gonna fix it either.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Zaino or any synthetic "polish" can be applied right away, carnauba wax should not be applies for at least 30 days. I will try not to make this a sales pitch and only tell you the facts, I was a partner in the largest detail business in the US for 15 years, so I believe I know something about car care, my companies used more Meguiar's products that any end user in the US for 5 straight years, and I would be using Meguiar's today if I had not met Sal Zaino some years back. Carnauba wax uses oil to make your car shine, oil attracts dust and dirt to your car at a much faster rate, causing you to wash more often, synthetic product will not do that. Carnauba wax will lose shine each and everytime water from either rain or washing comes in contact with the waxed surface, synthetic products will not. Carnauba wax will last from 1 day (yes I said 1 day) to a maxumim of a few weeks, less if left out in the sun, carnauba wax melts at around 135 degrees, on a summer day a black car can reach temps of over 185 degrees. Your car comes with synthetic oils, why is that? It is because synthetic products last longer and protect better, the same is true with synthetic products vs. carnauba products. I always tell people to use what works for you. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts