Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently have lg offroad headers with 4 tip stingers and it's pretty loud. yesterday out of sheer boredom i removed the mufflers and went for a quick drive through the backroads here. it was ridiculously loud at wot and pretty damn loud all other times.

how much do borla straights quiet this down? i am thinking about swapping my stingers for straights just because i like to be a bit obnoxious, but i also don't want something that's too much.

if i come across some straights in the sale forum i will probably just buy them to try, but i don't feel like buying a new set just to find out they're too loud.

thanks

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Well... w/o a catback the sound is leaving the car right under you and reverberating off the road. W/ some pipes it'll be leaving out the back of the car so it might help. I tired removing my Stingers for a day in place of the straights (but I still have cats w/ my Kooks) It sounded wicket at WOT but at any other time the resonance was so bad it have me headaches. I never tried it w/ my partition in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts