Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year at Carlisle, I had WCC install a BB PRT catback. Sounds raspy and gnarly. I'll be putting on my LG longtubes as soon as the freakin' salt is gone.

WHO has had experience with the LG's and the BULLETS? Are they too loud? Don't care about WOT, but say 80 mph cruise?

WCC rep told me that people put on the bullets then took them off! The extra hp is seductive but is the loud too much a price to pay? :eyes:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
If you run your the Headers without Cats, it's going to be LOUD. To loud for my taste. If you have cats then it will be much quieter but still pretty loud :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Hey defender.

I've never been to Corvettes at Carlisle but want to go if there are vendors there that will install stuff. I've been thinking about a new hood and ATI procharger. Do you know if these vendors are there or if they would install stuff like this? Maybe I'll take my van and buy the parts and install myself.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I have Kooks w/ cats and Stingers and it's very very loud at WOT but fine at crusie w/ a little resonace. Throw in my partition and it all seems quite tame to me. The LGMS w/o cats and Bullets will be killer, but very loud. I'd go w/ cats to keep it bearable.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool! :yeadog:

TY for the comebacks...

I'll probably leave the PRT's on until at least the LG's are in w/cats installed and reassess.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Red Kelly said:
Hey defender.

I've never been to Corvettes at Carlisle but want to go if there are vendors there that will install stuff. I've been thinking about a new hood and ATI procharger. Do you know if these vendors are there or if they would install stuff like this? Maybe I'll take my van and buy the parts and install myself.

If you live in Ohio - you MUST come to Carlisle - although at this stage it is essentially impossible to book a hotel room IN Carlisle - start booking NOW for this event (August) and you might find a room in the Harrisburg area.

This show is huge and vendors abound. Some of the larger ones do install work during the show - usually with shops they make arrangements with in town! Trust me - you will PAY handsomely for the labor to put this stuff in. If you have two left thumbs - its worth it. If you love wrenches, then DIY.
:guiness:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rpallas said:
Jim, sent you a PM.

Bob
The Hurricane (offered by WCC) supposedly does 30 hp - needs modifying to the fan shroud (my kit came complete with modified shroud) and I got mine in Carbon Fiber. It sure looks GREAT!!!!! And I can definitely feel the gain.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Proving Grounds is an area for PCM tuning.
For LS1/LS6 engine tuning and diagnostic discussion.
Please pay attention when posting.
Thank you.
Moving to Pit Road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts