Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am very interested in lowering my car or as some say "slam" my Z i really dont know how low i should go or the best way to do so. i would like to know how low some of you went and if there were any clearance(which im sure there is) issues. i talked to a shop that has lowered plenty of vettes that around town, and he suggested for me to lower the rear end to the lowest possible and not mess w/ lowering the front because of clearance issues. so how would the rear end only look? any pix out there? thanks

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
IMO lowering it the maximum on the stocks bolts and no cutting of bushings, gives the car a nice look without killing the ride. :cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
The slammed look does have a lot of appeal :jammin:

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
IT L GO said:
IMO lowering it the maximum on the stocks bolts and no cutting of bushings, gives the car a nice look with killing the ride. :cheers:
Rick is right on this I just used 6 turns front and back, but it really depends on the roads and places you drive as well. I scrape getting in my driveway everytime no matter what angle. Some speed bumps and other ruts on the crappy roads around here. Also do not listen when he says to lower the back only. The car has a certain rake on it from the factory. Do not change it! :z:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
dwjZ06 said:
Rick is right on this, but it really depends on the roads and places you drive as well. I scrape getting in my driveway everytime no matter what angle. Some speed bumps and other ruts on the crappy roads around here. Also do not listen when he says to lower the back only. The car has a certain rake on it from the factory. Do not change it!

yea, some lower more then others, for instance yours seems lowered then mine, and I hardly have any problems with scraping, problably as many as stock :D

as for only lowering the rear, I didnt realize that part, it wouldnt make any sense :NoNo: It would look rediculous and would be dangerous, actually I lowere the front to the max on the stock bolts, then on the rear I left one extra thread of room, and it looks good, I wanted it to be as straight as possible on acceleration, and I accomplished that except now I feel its less stable on higer speeds then when stock, so I could only imagine the opposite :roll:

·
Registered
284 Posts
When I went with the coil overs the car was lowered over 2 inches. I was a nervous wreck driving the thing, it scraped on everything. I finally raised it up an inch and that seemed to be a good compromise.

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
yea, some lower more then others, for instance yours seems lowered then mine, and I hardly have any problems with scraping, problably as many as stock :D

as for only lowering the rear, I didnt realize that part, it wouldnt make any sense :NoNo: It would look rediculous and would be dangerous, actually I lowere the front to the max on the stock bolts, then on the rear I left one extra thread of room, and it looks good, I wanted it to be as straight as possible on acceleration, and I accomplished that except now I feel its less stable on higer speeds then when stock, so I could only imagine the opposite :roll:
Hey Luis,

It's because of my fat ass being in the car when it looks lower. It looks pretty normal without me in it. Not as low as some, but it did take away the 4 X 4 look. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts

NEVER TO LOW! :)

I have a pic of the C6 also somewhere that is a little lower then my old Z06

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
IT L GO said:
IMO lowering it the maximum on the stocks bolts and no cutting of bushings, gives the car a nice look without killing the ride. :cheers:
Right on!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I'd previously lowered mine (front and rear) the max on the bolts, and couldn't tell much difference. Maybe about 1/2-3/4" at most. This weekend I cut the bushings the max. Still looks the same to me. Crap.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
ninepoint5 said:
IT L GO said:
The slammed look does have a lot of appeal :jammin:

[/QUOTE

WOW that looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttt!! how low did ya go?
That's not my car, that baby sure is in the weeds. :blush:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I went as low as I could with the front bolts and went a little lower in the rear with longer bolts. I think as what others have said about the type of roads that are in your area for this decision. I don't have a problem with my setup in my area.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Cut bushings,front and rear. Total cost $0.00 Apprx 2.5 hrs labor. And I can easily raise it 1 inch(or more) just by adjusting the bolts.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i am know where mechanically incline, so there is know way i would be able to do what you are describing. looks real good though. i guess i am going to have them lower the Z as much as they can, w/o cutting the bushings. then i will see what i do next!!!!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
GarettO said:

NEVER TO LOW! :)

I have a pic of the C6 also somewhere that is a little lower then my old Z06
Man G your old Z is still nice to look at. How are you liking the C6?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts