Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the topic says. How many miles a week are you guys putting on your Z? I put around 250-300 miles a week on my baby. If i didn't live so far from everything it would be much-much less:( I can't help but want to drive my car though lol.

Tony

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
DRIVE IT! I am like you, always looking at the mileage, but look at it this way.....You bought it to enjoy it, right? So, I say ENJOY IT! I know when you get up, get ready for work, and take "The beater" I bet your looking back at the Z all snug underneath that car cover.....Thinking "Its such a nice day out...should I take the Z" Get over the mileage thing. Enjoy your ride whil eyou hav eit....All that time sitting may be good on wera an dtear, but it only takes one person to run a re dlight to destroy your dream and never have enjoyed it....

Now, GET BACK TO WORK!

Hey, you going to the meet on Labor Day weekend?

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
100-200 during the nice months. I am torn on the milage issue as well sometimes, but I enjoy driving it. I have 41,500 on it now. I am more worried as Glenn points out that some idiot will run into it or smack it while it is parked etc...

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
My Z isn't a daily driver, so some weeks it doesn't get but a few miles on it, and other weeks, like the week of the fest, I put 3k miles on it! ;) :yeadog: I try to drive it at least once a week, even if its only for a half hour or so just to get everything warmed up! Any longer that that, and I start having "Z withdrawals". :D

Jim

·
Registered
90 Posts
About the sane here, 250-300 miles a week. I wish there was a way to keep the miles down, but in the end, it's A LOT of money for a decoration, I bought it to drive :thumb: !

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I drove 3300 miles last year, that comes out to about 63 miles a week. Not my daily but I try to drive it as often as I can.

·
Registered
115 Posts
During the summer months we average about 500 miles per week. It gets taken care of but it also earns it's keep :jammin:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GR8 WHITE said:
DRIVE IT! I am like you, always looking at the mileage, but look at it this way.....You bought it to enjoy it, right? So, I say ENJOY IT! I know when you get up, get ready for work, and take "The beater" I bet your looking back at the Z all snug underneath that car cover.....Thinking "Its such a nice day out...should I take the Z" Get over the mileage thing. Enjoy your ride whil eyou hav eit....All that time sitting may be good on wera an dtear, but it only takes one person to run a re dlight to destroy your dream and never have enjoyed it....

Now, GET BACK TO WORK!

Hey, you going to the meet on Labor Day weekend?
Funny how you say this becase i do indeed do this lol. I look back in the rear view mirror and wish i would have taken the Z to work lol. Not to worry though, i've already driven my baby three times this week. I just clicked over 20K btw lol. What meet on labor day???? Let me know.

Tony

·
Registered
311 Posts
about 350 a week. I didn't buy it for an investment......I bought it for fun! It only has 12k miles in its first year, but that works out to about 350 a week since I store it 4 months of the year approx. :z: (have to make up for that!)

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Yep, drive my car EVERYWHERE! Average for the 7 months I've owned it = 267mi/week. I LOVE MY CAR!

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
My Z is not my daily driver but I do take it out every weekend. The first year I only put 5,000 miles on it. Now I have over 10,000 on it (drove it to the fest and back- over 4,500 miles!). I bought it to drive... not to sit in the garage. :yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I guess my 250-300 miles a week is not all that bad.

·
Registered
609 Posts
That a good one :crazy: But I goes as far as to find the right woman for me . all over the usa . but i have fun :NoNo: am gust looking for my Lover :thumb: To end my time hear with .. Gust a man

·
Registered
4 Posts
WUTWHNE said:
Like the topic says. How many miles a week are you guys putting on your Z? I put around 250-300 miles a week on my baby. If i didn't live so far from everything it would be much-much less:( I can't help but want to drive my car though lol.

Tony
You're paying for the car and insurance and tags. Why would you not drive it? it's depreciating anyway (C5s are not collectors items). DRIVE IT! Who wants a garage queen?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts