Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All- I have about 2 weeks before my current lease runs out and I really want to get a Z. I can't find anything in the area and I am looking to spend around 30K for a used on. I found an '02 for $29,900, but it has 50K miles on it. Given what I have seen on this forum, that is very high mileage. Any experiences with high mileage Z's would be appreciated.

Or, of course, if you know of any Z's for sale in the Charlotte area, let me know.

Thanks! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Really depends on the owner and how they treat their cars. My 01 has 70K on it, but you would never know it by looking at it or driving it.

Mark

·
Registered
891 Posts
Depends. You might be better off with a high mileage car that has been on a lot of summer road trips, instead of a low mileage car that was never driven on the street but trailered to DE events every weekend.

50k is not a lot of miles for a well maintained car. If you don't want to spend more than 30,000 , then higher mileage cars are all you are going to be looking at.

Look the car over carefully. Good luck.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
battles2a5 said:
All- I have about 2 weeks before my current lease runs out and I really want to get a Z. I can't find anything in the area and I am looking to spend around 30K for a used on. I found an '02 for $29,900, but it has 50K miles on it. Given what I have seen on this forum, that is very high mileage. Any experiences with high mileage Z's would be appreciated.

Or, of course, if you know of any Z's for sale in the Charlotte area, let me know.

Thanks! :thumb:
Why pay 29.9 for a Zee with 50,000 miles on it, when you can buy a perfect cream puff with less than 7,000 miles on it for 2 or 3 G's more. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Mdickie is right, but for me thats too many miles, 50K is above the average too.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I have a 2001 Z06 with 53K miles on it....Whatever anyone says it is NOT a lot of miles...It is average.....4 years of 12K-15K mles per year equal 48-60K miles so to me that is average....To the person who buys my car will be getting one hell of a car with some mods and is in Mint condition and I will match it up to any garage queen Z.....I will be asking around 27K or best offer.....Now I can't wait for my C6 Z06 :)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Mileage is always the catch. Yeah - 8K on a 3-year old car that has been run hard at the track is possibly less desirable than a purely street-driven higher miles car.

Trouble is - we are creatures of perception - we will always perceive the 8K car as having more "value" (as long as the car looks good) than the higher mileage car.

This is where homework pays off as to vehicle history. Unfortunately, unless you know the seller, he probably isn't going to tell you that the car has been thrashed.

Just my tuppence... :mug:

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I saw a post for Corvette searches here recently, I think it was vettefinder.com

you do need to keep looking :) Good Luck :z:

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
57,000 miles and still going strong.. (apart from the parts GM forget to build correctly - but the same goes for low mileage cars)

This hypocracy about low mileage Vettes are better - yet you should go out and enjoy your car ... heheh well - which is it?

Save the car for the next owner, or get your money's worth?

Back to the posters question:

If you test drive a 50,000 mile car and it feels responsive and tight and fun, and the savings over the same car with 10,000 miles seems worth it to you, go for it.

:)

·
Registered
373 Posts
I am not selling, but to add a data point. 2001 Corvette Z06 bought new, now with 69,000 miles. So far, new set of tires. It was in several times for leaking rear differential, all covered under warranty. The BCM computer went out at 68k plus and fixed under an extended warranty.

·
Registered
238 Posts
miles

battles,
I have a 02 with 25K miles that I am asking $30K for. I just now replaced the tires so you can see that the car has not been abused. The car is located in the Kentucky area. If you are interested give me a PM.

Lane

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
My issue isn't the mileage but the mileage relative to the asking price. 30k for an 02 with 50K miles seems too much to me when there are cars with less mileage still in warranty for the same price. Look at Redhot's car 30k with 1/2 the miles, we don't know the condition of either car but on paper his looks allot better to me and until I saw different thats the one i'd spend my time looking at. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Spend lots of time looking for a deal...I just picked up a 2002 with 7400 miles after months of research and searching...owned by gentleman who was beyond meticulous with the car...$33K.

·
Registered
373 Posts
While I am sure a lot of other models go through the same set of dynamics, the Corvette indeed has an interesting set. There are plenty of opportunities to fulfill ones goals in the market place. One can get a newer model that has low miles that has been flogged, quite inexpensively. They can also get a cream buff that has been spoiled rotten with 300 miles on it.

I bought mine with the expectation to DRIVE it. So electronics willing, I hope to get at least 250,000 miles from it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts