Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious... I tend to "get on it" a LOT, so I find myself at the pump very often.. :D my MPG is awful, but it's to be expected with "spirited" driving.

How many miles do you all get with a full tank and/or what's your overall MPG?

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
This is one question that really does not apply well to a Z. When I'm on the track it can go in under two hours or driving. On the highway cruising, this baby can get close to 30 mph.

This car invented the phase "Your mileage may vary..." :sneaky:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops, I only meant to post the poll about average MPG - I didn't think I hit Submit on this one before hitting the back key! :eek:
I realized it would be a better question to ask what everyone's average MPG is, considering that's the very factor that determines how many miles you'll get on a full tank, or on any amount of gas for that matter. :D

If any moderators are reading this, pls delete this thread. :)

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
7.3 miles

7.3 very very fun miles

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
If a Z06 is driven like an Econo box it will get Econo box like gas mileage. If driven like a performance car it will get performance car like gas mileage. The choice is yours :D

·
Registered
327 Posts
I got 425 miles on one tank once. That was highway miles and taking it easy on the gas- cruise at mid 80's. It was on the return of a 4600 mile road trip from Colorado to Florida a few weeks ago. I was getting 31-33 mpg at high altitude on I-25 at 80 mph cruise (speed limit is 75 -saweet). I avg 25.1 in the south east US and 27.3 between Dallas and Denver. I managed to go 1000 miles in 12 hours and change IIRC, and I thought I was taking my sweet time too. So, if you burn 15.5 gallons (keep some in reserve in case you need to go a little further for a better gas station) and get 27.3 mpg the range is 423.15 miles. I've put 16.5 gallons in the tank sometimes and that would yield a theoretical range of 450 miles if you had to push it for no good reason, hopefully not pulling an OJ and running from the police...

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
most of my driving on my z is on 66 there is some stop and go traffic but mostly 55-60mph so i get about 350 mpt consistently. :) i love this car

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I usually get about 280-300 on a tank while I'm in the city, with a GOOD amount of spirited driving. On the highway I made in from El Paso to Phoenix on one tank which was about 460 miles. I would say that is pretty much the max you can expect out of this car. It was somewhere around 30mpg.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Z06 Rocket said:
I'm just curious... I tend to "get on it" a LOT, so I find myself at the pump very often.. :D my MPG is awful, but it's to be expected with "spirited" driving.

How many miles do you all get with a full tank and/or what's your overall MPG?
Not much...

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I just drove from FLA to MA. I got 27MPG on the highway, cruising at 70-75MPH. The DIC range usually read something like 450 miles, after I'd filled up along the way (4 times, by the way, for a total of about 1400 miles, with about 1/2 a tank left over).

In day to day commuting, I get closer to 15MPG average. The supercharger drinks a lot of gas, but I'm not "on it" all the time (there's just not enough road for a sustained burst).

The instantaneous MPG is interesting to monitor. I've seen values as high as 90+ for downhill coasts in 6th. I've seen it go to 1 with my boot all the way in it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
180 miles per tank since head and cam install. Cant keep my foot out of it. I did get 6000 miles out of my new tires though.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Z06 Rocket said:
If any moderators are reading this, pls delete this thread. :)
Too late... :lol:

As a data point for you, I get about 5.4 mpg on the track, thus only about 80 miles or so on a tank before I worry about uncovering the fuel pump in high G turns. And that with $4.75 per gallon 100 octane unleaded race fuel... :eek:

·
Registered
76 Posts
The most miles I ever got on a tank was 292. The least was 218. The average is 270. Mostly city driving with a highway cruises every now and then. :coo:

·
Registered
475 Posts
600 miles to the tank, 46mpg!!! :jawdrop:
ok, that is my turbo diesel bug......my Z06 usually gets around 22mpg.....when I drive it to work and back....when my foot is in it....yikes.....there better be another gas station around the next corner!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts