Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am going to keep the car stock, maybe a K & N but no other mods, should be worth more later, I think!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I'm just not sure yet. I'm doing the shifter now (sometimes I don't think of the shifter as a "mod" per se, since it doesn't add power, and just enhances the driving experience), but I'm not sure about getting under the hood, or doing appearance mods.

One reason that I'm not sure about the mods is because this car is faster out-of-the-box than my modified '93 Cobra; so, the "need" for mods isn't tearing at me. It's plenty quick -- but then again, I've only had it for a couple months (and I KNOW that these stock love-affairs do NOT last).

Also, whereas my Cobra runs quite well, there's something to be said for hopping into a car that you haven't tinkered with. Some mods aren't as compatible with others as we'd like to think. Some mods can make the car idle roughly, or make a noise when there wasn't one before, or put more strain on other parts (etc.), and then the car just doesn't "work" as well as before. The engineers who develop these cars do a pretty dang good job on most of them (though it's just usually not AS good as we'd like).

So, sitting here today, I just don't know. I haven't done anything yet. But ask me again in a week or two... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-Kirk

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I try to limit the mods to bolt ons, so that I can easily remove/transfer them to my next Vet.

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'll probably leave mine stock. I have a extended warrenty and feel like I have all the power I can use right now (@%$*! 70 MPH speedlimit).

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'll definitely keep my Z06 bone stock. My Firebird is bone stock too except a K&N filter which I actually regret buying. I guess I'm pretty cautious when it comes to messing with a car that I spent a lot of money on because all the parts of the car are designed to work with the other parts as they are from the factory. Sure, everything has some tolerance above factory specs but once you get close to it things can start to break or wear prematurely.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I am going to stay stock. I had it out on the road the other day "playin". I can say that I have toooooo much power already to get in trouble with on the road. I will most likely completely baby her. I know that the car club will kill me because I will probably not do any AutoX or drag racing with it. I know that I will probably not be able to resist very long. One challenge too many will probably put me over the edge and I will be in the Pit looking for all the mods I can get.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I am thinkin' about keepin' her stock myself.
I look at it this way...ZO6 is perfect for what it was built for. If I wanted a quarter mile car then I would build one(not using my ZO6). If I wanted a top speed car then I would hi-jack a bank vault and go buy a McClaren F1. My ZO6 can do 0-60 in 4.0sec and the 1/4 in 12.5 and can hold 1g of lateral acceleration, WITH STOCK TIRES. I can burn the tires. After all of this I can still drive 75 mph and get 27 mpg!:D

Mods will only limit the car in one category or the other if a guy doesn't blow it up first.

Don't get me wrong modifyin' your car is a blast, I just don't think I am going to do it to this one.

BTW I am building a truck in the near future that will do at least 10's in the 1/4.

·
Registered
219 Posts
K&N only - All my mods go in the 701/2 Z28. At this point, it has so many performance mods that I have nearly a complete original drivetrain saved in storage! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Truth be told - If I started doing Mods on the Z06, my wife would retribution shop me into bankruptcy!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

·
Registered
5 Posts
I PLAN ON KEEPING THE 02 STOCK AND CONTINUE TO MODIFY THE 01.........LIFES GREAT IN THE FAST LANE.

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
I think I'll leave mine bone stock too. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif If the mods are done right: no codes, idles stock, indicated DIC fuel economy on a 75+ mph trip (27.9), more hp and torque. Warranty, who needs a stinkin warranty? I guess there are tradeoffs.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mods keep life interesting /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
I was going to keep mine stock but the bolt-ons have started.

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

2000 FRC Mongoose 400
2000 FRC Mongoose 460 (on the injured list)
www.c5frc.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Oh yeah, bone stock for me too!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Z

·
0 Posts
Cannot do it - it has to have my personal upgrades:

Ripper Shifter, CAGS, HallTech Tric at the very least.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I still have my Halltech and Cobra from my 2000. Does anyone know if it is the same for a 2001 z06 and does it work as good on the z06 as it did on the 2000? MIKE

1 - 20 of 20 Posts