Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Chief:

I wonder how many fanatics have 'joined' the Z-forum so far?

Tom's Z06 Registry has about 60 so far. http://www.c5frc.com/Z06%20Members/default.htm

------------------
------------------
Mac Cross - Toronto, Ontario
Torch Z06
'98 C5 Targa....gone
C5 Registry # W0218
NCRS # 19306
NCM Shinoda Charter Membership # 3216

·
Registered
128 Posts
Tom would have more if you didnt have to pay to join. Its part of the C-5 registry which is a pay site that mostly offers more corporate info on the vette, than drivers expieriences.The corvette forum and now ZO6 forum is much more informative, and also offer money savings when purchasing things through vendor. So I really dont know why the registry still charges people for benifits and information that you can get for free, actually I do know why, I'm pretty sure the owners of the site get a new vette almost every year, sorry I'm out here to share my expierences, and thoughts about my car , not to help a couple of guys buy a new vette every year with my money.

------------------
Dave Zehak
2001 Black ZO6
Best 1/4(so far) 12.5 at 112
"Mods"
B&M Ripper Shifter
RM racing Nitrous(not installed yet)
"Previous Vettes
1985 white Corvette coupe(auto)
1998 Silver Corvette coupe (M-6)
2000 NBM Corvette Coupe (M-6)

[This message has been edited by DaveZehak (edited 01-16-2001).]

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
I am going to have to stand up for the C5Registry here.
Yes I did with the help of some other Registry members start a sub group for the Hardtops, it is mainly a page to compile the owners of FRCs that are C5Registry members.
I did this at my own expence, I just like FRCs.
The C5Registry does have an annual fee but so do all of the local Corvette Clubs.
But is your local club going to drive in the parade lap at Daytona or be asked to be factory guides during the Birthday Bash?
That is just a small part of what the Registry does. I can get my dues back just in food and drink at the BBQs.
If my $55.00 buys Dan and Jake a new Vet every year, well it was worth it to me.

------------------
Tom
Quicksilver/Red Z06
Corsa Indy, B&M Ripper, Corvette Concepts Ram Air Induction

www.c5frc.com

[This message has been edited by FRC Tom (edited 01-16-2001).]

·
Registered
128 Posts
Tom , I am not flaming you, I think its great that you made a site for the ZO6, i just would rather get the info and benefits for free as I do here.

------------------
Dave Zehak
2001 Black ZO6
Best 1/4(so far) 12.5 at 112
"Mods"
B&M Ripper Shifter
RM racing Nitrous(not installed yet)
"Previous Vettes
1985 white Corvette coupe(auto)
1998 Silver Corvette coupe (M-6)
2000 NBM Corvette Coupe (M-6)

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Tom is right on this one. The C5 Registry, like the C5 Forum and the Z06 Forum are all excellent resources for the Vette owners. Last year at the BG Labor Day Celebration, Dan Adavasio of the Registry found out that I didn't have tickets to the Hall of Fame Banquet the Museum was holding (I had registered too late and the Banquet was full). Well Dan not only got me in, he got me in FREE and he got me in at one of the VIP tables in the front. Those guys delivered BIG TIME and I'll never forget it. In a couple of weeks, I'll be at the Rolex and I'm sure being a Registry member will pay off again. We have a Banquet with the C5R drivers, a box to watch the race, and a parade lap on the Daytona Speedway. Not bad for the small dues.

------------------
01 Z06-- Quicksilver, modified torch red interior, DRM long tube headers, cam, CNC heads, 11 to 1 compression ratio, Donaldson LS6, Corsa Indys, Euro tail lights, B&M Ripper
396 rwhp, 377.1 rwt Minneapolis,Mn
Ron M.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
The site that I right for the Registry has no real info it is mainly a place for the FRC/Z06 owners to join and post photos.
That is why Sunday night I E-mailed every Z06 owner that is on the FRC5S Group page a link to this site (except for those already here).
Thank you again JC, this forum is growing like a snowball rolling downhill.

------------------
Tom
Quicksilver/Red Z06
Corsa Indy, B&M Ripper, Corvette Concepts Ram Air Induction

www.c5frc.com

G

·
0 Posts
I posted elsewhere about my thoughts on the C5 Registry, but getting old and do not know where it is on here!
I serve as the NCM Ambassador for the C5 Registry and got my money's worth at the first Birthday Bash, where Dave Hill attended and provided new 98.5 C5s with Active Handling on them for us to drive at Bowling Green to see how it works! I could not believe it. Dan and Jake have built quite a relationship with VETTE people and we reap the benefits.
$55 a year, I get more per year than that any day. GM looks after the C5 Registry, which in turn even helps the non-members. Daytona Rolex 24 hr is a good example. You think GM would have taken care of us without it back then? What organizations did you have to spread the word that this was even going to be offered? C5 Registry. I invite all of you to join, try it for a year. The C5net is a fine group of people, just like on here. The C5 Registry has worked with the Corvette Forum, Ratt was at our event before the first Forum cruise-in to get ideas how it is done. I can not help but think that he benefited greatly from the contacts that he made.
The C5 Registry members have done great things for the NCM, which I am extremely proud of. The Cast in life statute of Dave Hill was funded by the Registry. The land drive reaped lots of dough from the Registry members. We are now currently building funds towards the Hall of Fame Renovation fund drive. NCM needs your support and your money. I suggest that members here start a drive and honor the efforts put in by our fine host here, and give in the name of the Z06 Forum. Just call 1-800-53VETTE and give. If I can answer any questions or help in anyway, please do not hesitate to drop me a line by e-mail. I want all VETTE organizations to grow, whether it is C1,C2,C3,C4,C5, or C5.5 (Z06)! Work together insures the growth of our Museum.

------------------
Bob Hardt
00 Mallett 396 HARDTop
01 Corvette Z06 Speedway White w/red trimmed int.
C5Reg NCM Ambassador
NCM Lifetime Member

·
Registered
566 Posts
Bob:

Well said. Also, we can support "our" museum by patronizing the corvette store. As a museum member, you get discounts off of high quality corvette merchandise. Check out the museum's website when you can at www.corvettemuseum.com if you haven't already.

------------------
Quicksilver Z06

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Make that 132....

So subtract 10% for our fellow C5'ers enjoying the forum (hopefully) and you have about 120 Z owners here, more than enough to solve most problems you may encounter.

Happy Z06'ing.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
N4C5S said:
Make that 132....

So subtract 10% for our fellow C5'ers enjoying the forum (hopefully) and you have about 120 Z owners here, more than enough to solve most problems you may encounter.

Happy Z06'ing.

Was pretty hard moderating all those members JC.:lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts