Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading your supercharing posts for a while now, trying to figure which brand to go with. They all seem very good but, I'm not real mechanically inclined, I think I would have to take it back for repairs etc. How many times in a year do you have to adjust anything or take back to your tuner for adjustments for your super charger?? Please say what brand of S/C you have too. If you think most owers could do these adjustments, let me know too. This forum has taught me so much about my Z. Thanks :z:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Surely someone has done some maitainance on ther S/C. What about belt slip / replacement? How often? Thanks

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I had the same concerns... That is why I went N/A. Although, I see a lot of people with super/turbo's that love them...

Chris

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I have one of Andy's procharger setups. I've only had it for 7 months but its been maint. free. I am having some issues now though. I keep kicking rich bank 1 and 2 codes and the 0300 misfire code. Dont know if they are related or not. I checked my sparkplug wires and fuel injector wires for chaffing and found nothing. Maybe I have to take it back to my tuner for an adjustment.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
If it's installed correctly from the start, a Supercharger shouldn't really need much maintainance.

Your belt should not slip unless things are not alligned right, or your tensioner is off. Again this is something the installer of the SC should have perfect before he gives the car back to you.

If you add more mods after the SC install, you will probably need to update your tune. The correct tune is very important - probably the most important thing - to keep an SC Z06 running fast, reliable and safe for your motor. The more agressive the tune, the more kick ass the car can be, but there's more chance you'll need to bring your car back in to fix something that was overstressed or something that broke.

A Magnusson car Z06 with a conservative/safe tune is still very fast for the street and also safe for your motor, if its installed correctly you should have zero service issues with it. I'm sure all the Procharger guys would tell you pretty much the same, prochargers are also very reliable but just like the Mag the install and tune have to be right the first time.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
My Vortech hasn't needed any maintenance. however, I Blew the accessory belt off once, needed to flat bed the Car to the Dealer for a fix (and I carry a spare in the Car now, since it's not the OEM belt size) . and I just had the Water pump Replaced under warranty, but I had to pay extra for getting the blower out of the way to do the pump.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the posts :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts