• No (shame on you)

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see how many of us will go to Bowling Green.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
OOPS, WRONG THREAD

Oh NO,
I posted on the wrong thread earlier.
I m there, because I dont have a car, I will have to park up at the gas station. :eek:
Anyway, I wouldnt miss it for anything.
Best to all, c4c5

·
Registered
122 Posts
Z06 Event at the Museum

As it is about 3000 miles for me to make a pilgramage to Meca (and I am willing to do it) how about a seperate Z06 event somewhere near the NCM and around the same time as next Septembers birthday bash.

01QS ZEDOH6:D

·
Registered
572 Posts
I voted yes, but I'm hoping it is timed to line up with something else. It's a long drive for me, and it would be nice to get two events in on the same trip. For me, the date only matters if it is the winter. I don't drive the vette thru snow.:eek:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I will be there without a Z, dont have one. I live 2 hours from BG. Lemme know when!!!

Andy

M

·
0 Posts
I'm in but I probably can't park with y'all :lol:

me and BlackMagic can park next to each other!

Mark

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I'll be there with my Z ! It really depends upon date - my wife and I already have a vacation trip planned in 2002 ( should have some exciting banner pics )

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
If it is after May 3rd, I will most likely come. Of course the sooner we decide on a time the better. It is normally a great time to leave the UP of Michigan since the snow is still melting.

M

·
0 Posts
fcalmes said:

Steve, we are looking at late Spring at Bowling Green. Still working out details through the Museum and Chevrolet. :cool:
Frank...I sent you a pm

Mark

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I know how hard it is at work, but when we try to get a group meeting together with a large group someone will be left out, and we have a very large group here.

When you guys do get some possible dates that look good to you, you might consider polling the whole group just to see how it works out. Perhaps not. If you look at the Corvette Forum Cruise In II, they got about 2% of their membership to attend their last event. If we did that well, we would have about 20 to say 30 attendees, given the membership will grow.

Ironically they switched to a date for next year which is not as preferential as the old date, according to a membership poll.

Whatever you do, chose your date wisely, and be realistic as to how many will attend.

·
Registered
0 Posts
SMFCPACFP said:
Whatever you do, chose your date wisely, and be realistic as to how many will attend.
Basically, the date is going to have to center around what is convenient for the Museum and the Corvette racing teams that they are trying to put together for our meet. :}

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
I voted yes with my car, been looking for a good reason to drive the 1100 miles to BG. Need to be anytime after May 1, before April the Z is still in garage on blocks, and April is already a bad month 3 trips already planned.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'd love to go to all of these events but the truth is that I can realistically only attend one event per year at the NCM. Due to distance and time time considerations, driving there is simply out of the question. Those of us that live quite a ways from Bowling Green must pick and choose what we attend and with the small number of Z06 Forum members that are likely to attend, I probably won't go.

I've suggested this on the other forum several times with little positive feedback, but I'll do it again here. Instead of one event at the NCM, why not have regional events all over the country on the same day. I know it's a little harder to coordinate, but many more members will particpate. If done in conjuntion with some of the local Corvette clubs, it could turn into a national event.

JMHO

1 - 20 of 25 Posts