Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of putting a set of Cosa Indy's on mine primarily because the factory tips look cheap. Do most people do this or leave them alone? I know lots of the standard C5 guys swap them out but their stockers aren't Ti and those tips are really ugly. I know I used to own one.

Any thoughts?

Joe

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
CRUZMISL said:
I am thinking of putting a set of Cosa Indy's on mine primarily because the factory tips look cheap. Do most people do this or leave them alone? I know lots of the standard C5 guys swap them out but their stockers aren't Ti and those tips are really ugly. I know I used to own one.

Any thoughts?

Joe
The tips look cheap?! I don't agree at all. In fact, I've seen a decent number of aftermarket exhaust tips that don't have a rolled lip and REALLY look cheap as hell. I think GM did a good job with these tips.

I've kept my exhaust. For better sound and improved HP, I added TPIS long tubes to the stock set-up. The sound is really nice!

To each his own.

-Kirk

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the tips look cheap(maybe a strong term) in comparison to the Corsa Pro series tips. It's just my opinion. They are miles better than the previous years stockers but just not really the look I wanted. I'm just curious if the "look" is worth $800 for a new system that will add no HP but add weight.

Joe

·
Registered
175 Posts
I just got the PRTs with quad round tips and they are so close to the Z06 factory tips its hard to tell the difference, except they look a little better because they are more polished looking and slightly larger. The sound is outstanding! Before the car sounded like a Honda as it was far too quiet and now it sounds like it was supposed to all along. No regrets here. :cool:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the B&B shorties on with stock exhaust. I had the PRTs on but removed them and put them on my wifes coupe. I ran Laguna on 01/12. Laguna has a 92db limit.
I have to say with the stock exhaust on at full throttle the Z06 will turn heads. The PRTs at full song will split some. Sounds great both ways.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
PRE CATS

Are you '01 guys not using headers messin with the pups? Gutting them or cutting in a new pipe? Nobody makes a replacement pipe sans buying an '02 system for $1100??:eek:

·
Registered
94 Posts
B&B PRT's...They sound incredible! Fit and finish is excellent!

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Re: PRE CATS

racingfast said:
Are you '01 guys not using headers messin with the pups? Gutting them or cutting in a new pipe? Nobody makes a replacement pipe sans buying an '02 system for $1100??:eek:
I have my pre-cats gutted and eventually may get the Borla shorties. Gutted pups make a difference in both sound and performance and can be easily done by most backyard mechanics.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I am removing the pups and installing long tube step headers and x-pupe. I am not changing the exhaust. I have not seen HP improvements in different exhausts and the others all weigh more than the stock Ti system. Sound is not an issue for me.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I lost the pups when I installed the TPIS long tubes. Sounds perfect. Just a little deeper,but not quite as deep as the 2002. Maybe a bit racier-sounding, but very pleasing to my ears!

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm using B&B Shortie Headers with off road X-pipes and the stock
Ti Cat Back . Sounds Raspy and lots more power! (I like the Raspy
sound)

Regards,

2Charmed
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Z06Scott said:
I just got the PRTs with quad round tips and they are so close to the Z06 factory tips its hard to tell the difference, except they look a little better because they are more polished looking and slightly larger. The sound is outstanding! Before the car sounded like a Honda as it was far too quiet and now it sounds like it was supposed to all along. No regrets here. :cool:
Last night at our club meeting Z06Scott gave us a taste of what the PRT's sound like-simply awesome!! :D :D when he passed me at full tilt, It was loud az sh*t!! Sounded fantastic, but with the cops running around here with their windows half down all the time, I was wondering if it was a little too loud? :-? :-?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I had Corsa Indys on my 01 and I really enjoyed the sound and the looks of the tips (pro series tips). I recently sold them and went to a straight pipe setup for racing.

·
Registered
175 Posts
MSiska said:

Last night at our club meeting Z06Scott gave us a taste of what the PRT's sound like-simply awesome!! :D :D when he passed me at full tilt, It was loud az sh*t!! Sounded fantastic, but with the cops running around here with their windows half down all the time, I was wondering if it was a little too loud? :-? :-?

-------------------------

Not too loud for me. As for the cops, they can kiss my a$$. If your that worried about the cops, you shouldn't have bought a red Corvette. :p Seriously though, to my surprise they aren't very loud inside the cabin. Additionally, you should keep in mind that I missed a shift when I passed you, went into second when I was trying for fourth, :eek: :eek: which would sound pretty loud even with the stock exhaust. That's only the second time that I have missed like that. :eek: I guess I had better start driving the car more often or invest in a Hurst like the one you just ordered.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Used Corsa Indies on my 2000 coupe but didn't like the sound at an idle,
as for my Z I'm still undecided:-? .

Nick

1 - 20 of 20 Posts