Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping that there will be huge discounts by march/april as the 2002 production year nears its completion. How much do you think a person can get a new z06 by then?
:cheers:

·
Registered
666 Posts
WISH I COULD PREDICT...........

sure woldn't be working if I could make those kind of predictions.

But, a lot depends on changes for '03. If GM decides to make a large HP increase, then you will most likely see a drop in '02 prices but personally I don't see this happening.

:z:

:)

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
In my area Corvettes notoriously, go up in the spring and I am not sure if the $2002 rebate will still be in effect by then. Now is the time to buy, you never know what the future may hold. JMO:)

carzzy

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
I was face to face

With the crystal ball today.......and yesterday...........

Started at 500.00 off msrp, laughed.........came back with 1,000 off, laughed, came back with 1,500,00 off, laughed, LEFT.

Got a call today.............$2,000.00 off..................went by, $ dicker, $ 2,500.00 off..............PLUS $2002.00 Rebate......

$4502.00 off.................with a decent trade......better than any on this forum.( No fault of their own I'm sure).
I would love to deal with one of our dealers......tried, couldn't get it done............

The times are already a changin'..........We will start seeing $2500.00 off common place, and after the rebate........it will have to get even steeper to sell them.........

Plain facts, folks are losing jobs right & left...........economy is hurting badly, and dealers will continue to get lots of inventory.

The whole scenario is not a good one, as Frank can attest to........

Old analogy.............." If bread is .$25 per loaf & you don't have the $.25, then it doesn't matter.......if it's a $1.95, and you have plenty........it doesn't matter".

Bottom line, when we all are doing WELL we don't mind GIVING more................:(

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tend to agree, with

ZO6LS6

Although, I respect everyone's suggestions here...
Let's get real. They're offering -1K off msrp right here right now on the website. And, now you can further negotiate as suggested by the vendors themselves. Prices don't go up towards the end of a production year, they go down.

I remember seeing a post somewhere here that said 2001 was going for $6 K off msrp towards the end of 2001 production year. Why wouldn't it happen for the 2002 model?

These were my thoughts anyway...any replies?

·
Registered
764 Posts
PeJ933,

I think you are correct that the 02, as with any car, will be discounted more heavily at the end of the model year.

The 01 may have been discounted more heavily due to the leaks that the 02 would have more HP and people were holding out for the 02. As many forum members know, $6,000 off was not the norm. Most dealers were giving only small discounts, if any.

If the 03 model Z has more HP or other goodies and that information leaks, expect prices to fall on the 02. Many forum members beleive that the 03 Z will not have significant changes over the 02.

The unique situation we have right now is that you can get $2,002 bucks (rebate) which may not be available past the end of February. You can also find a dealer that should offer you a healthy disocunt on top of that.

I suggest you shop around with our Forum dealers and see what deal can be made. Why wait if you can make a good deal now? :)

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
carazzy

No, I did not buy...................
The car has some cosmetic issues(mior), and my wife is having some surgery done supposedly Weds, I was at the dealer yesterday to do the deal, she calls me & is crying........her pre-test's admissions show an abnormality in/on her EKG..........:(
Needless to say, the surgery is bad enough, possible malignancy, and now this.........:(
So, I am going with her this A.M. for a stress test & evaluation............
Sorry to bring it up but please pray for HER.
Car is a back seat issue now.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
ZO6LS6,
Sorry, to hear about your wife, I hope everything goes, OK!

carzzy

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
I agree with Fanatical1. The reason the 2001 dropped so much in price was because of the 405HP in the '02 model. I think it wasn't so much the 20HP increase, but the fact that it exceeded the 400HP mark. (MORE PSYCHOLOGICAL) If the '01 Z06 had 375 HP and went to 395 HP in '02 I don't think it would of been that dramatic. I honestly believe, that you will not see a HP increase on the '03 Z06. And keep in mind about that $2002 rebate. Will it still be there in the Spring? JMHO

carzzy:)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just recently bought(christmas 2001) a Z06, slightly used....It had 600 miles on it. The kid that owned it had it 6 weeks and traded in for a 2002. I bought it for 44,900 ad they gave me $15,000 for my old vette(1994 white ragtop with 55,000 miles on it).
I don`t honestly know if that was a bargain or not, but it seemed a good deal. (I really hated the 94 as it didn`t handle as well as my 87 ragtop. It had a vibration i never was able to get rid of and the top kept popping off..even after I replaced it.)
When I was at the dealership I was actually looking for a new ragtop but this kinda struck me, so I ended up with the Z06.
After the fact I went looking on the web to see if I did make a decent trade or not. It seems I`ve seen other Z06`s sell for about the same as what I paid.
I can add that 20 horsepower, I don`t need a badge to tell me. What do you think? This is a done deal, and THIS vette handles like a dream.
Mark

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
There are three new Z06's on e-bay right now. At least one appears to be offered at MSRP. Talk to them about a discount.

Why wait? Enjoy the drive....................

TR/Blk is beautiful.

Good luck.

:D :D

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
May or June

If you can wait until May or June, the discounts on 2002s will be substantial. A vendor on this forum was discounting by $6000 once the new models were in production. Z06Y Lady

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Zo6Lady

Wait till the news is OFFICIALLY released (leaked) that the '03's are going to be 425 H.P..................

The blood will flow worse than last year............
Guaronteeeeed.............

And, there will be a TON of real Po'd '02 owners.........

The reason the General will do this, is because they CAN.

And they will have to throw us Vettedogs a bone, to keep the sales mania going..............take it to the bank.:D

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Re: Zo6Lady

ZO6LS6 said:
Wait till the news is OFFICIALLY released (leaked) that the '03's are going to be 425 H.P..................

The blood will flow worse than last year............
Guaronteeeeed.............

And, there will be a TON of real Po'd '02 owners.........
It would take alot more changes than 20 more HP to make me trade an 02 for an 03. Hell, I'll just throw an intake system on it for $400 and be at 425 :D.

There were alot of changes from 01 to 02, plus the fact that alot of 01s had oil burning issues made the trade an easy decision for alot of 01 guys.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Just to look at it a different way - I was surprised that Chevy offered 0% on the Vette and the $2002 rebate on them now. That would seem to indicate that they feel like the market is soft and these measures are necessary to keep volumes up.

My crystal balls tell me that if they want to maintain margin AND keep sales up, they'll need to add some things. Dunno what, but HP and interior improvements would be obvious choices.

If they do that, I guarantee there will be deep discounts by mid-April.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
According to various sources

Autoweek had articles 3 years ago, stating EXACTLY what the Z's would DO.

'01-385

'02-405

'03-425

This was 3 years ago...........well, it's at the 405................

I'll just add an intake and I'll be at 425, don't know WHAT intake you will purchase to get there.........but, and here's the rub, what do you think will happen when the 425's put on an intake??.

I have discussed this with enough folks close to sources, that I am waiting for the '03............color me been there done that, and I won't do the same thing TWICE.

At this point, if I was offered an '02 @ $6,000.00 off......I would not.........
:roll:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts