Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my vortech SQ trim in the car and was curious as to how much boost you guys are running with the same setup on a stock 02 z06 bottom and top end....I'm thinking of going down to a 32 tooth pulley on the SC....where would that bring me boost wise??

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
I don't have any experience with this setup but I do with force fed applications. Two cars with the same setup will react differently based on the environmental conditions. Here is what I'd look out for. I'd make sure I'm monitoring engine parameters closely. Using a wideband monitor would be icing on the cake. Then I'd fine tune boost, timing and fueling to optimize your performance. Remember, the key is to stay away from preignition and detonation. Doing so will save your motor.

·
Registered
117 Posts
What size Pulley is on your Jackshaft? I have been running a 32/32 since day one with no issues. I was actually going to go down to a 30 on the blower

·
Registered
359 Posts
We've been down these roads many times before and we can tell you from direct experience that the stock bottom end will support 600 RWHP providing the PCM calibration is spot-on. Anything over that and you'll find the piston ring lands and rings cannot and will not support that kind of dynamic cylinder pressure and excessive oil consumption/crankcase pressurization will ensue. We suggest not to exceed 8 full psi on the O.E. lower end.

FYI if you're interested. :)

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
I've always been told 1 lbs less than what will cause a blown head gasket. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Z06Pete said:
So I just got my vortech SQ trim in the car and was curious as to how much boost you guys are running with the same setup on a stock 02 z06 bottom and top end....I'm thinking of going down to a 32 tooth pulley on the SC....where would that bring me boost wise??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts