Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting a 346 forged motor and want to know what parts out of my stock can I sell and how much should I be looking for. I have an 03 z06 with 7800 miles. Thanks

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I'm getting $3,800.00 for my complete engine. It's going into a sand rail.....they love LS1's and LS6's.

I've got 27,000 miles on my '01 engine, but lotsa mods....454 rwhp.

I'm replacing it with a C5R super engine.....will be over 700 at the crank :thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
What is a "sand rail"? Just curious
James

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
schwindj said:
What is a "sand rail"? Just curious
James

It's a hopped up dune buggy. :cool:

·
Registered
562 Posts
That would be a bad ass Rail. I always wanted to build one with a 6 Cyl Lycoming.

PJ

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Last week I saw a sand rail at my engine builder's place in Anaheim, CA.....my daily driver is an '05 WRX STI, so I was really interested in this one. Big 'ole Turbo on the 4 cylinder WRX STI boxer motor putting down 800 rwhp :yeadog: It's all wheel drive of course, but the fronts were disabled.

For you Los Angeles area guys, my C5R builder is Superior Automotive Engineering. It's like going to a candy store ;)
15,000 sq. ft. with 2 Dynojet dyno's....one at 1,500 HP and the other at 3,000 HP. Also, one very expensive engine dyno...all engines are broken in on the engine dyno.

Big clean room and complete machine shop.....NOTHING is sent out. They build a lot of drag racing motors. Balancing and blueprinting is done to perfection....0-0-0-0-0. That's one of their secrets for max power. As an example, one dimension on the C5R block is to 1/1000 of an inch. Superior's standard for that dimension is 1/4 of 1/1000 of an inch :crazy:

Owner is Joe Jill, who was a famous drag racer in New York and had his business there from 1960 to 1990. Moved to California at that time.

There's an article in GM High Performance magazine this month on Joe's latest 346 LS1 engine that dynoed at 602 HP(on the engine dyno) using a stock crank (our cranks are pretty strong).

Also, GM engineers and some suits are coming to visit Joe later this mont to see how he gets so much power out of the GM Ecotech engines. He's quite a guy :usa:

:cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts