Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished up with my first wash, clay bar and polish with my new adam's products yesterday and I'm very excited about the results! My torch red vette definitely looks great!

I had a quck question about my detail spray use. I used a mist while drying the car, then used it while clay barring the vehicle.. I used almost half of the small bottle on those two processes.. Is that excessive use? Just wanted to double check as I have never "detailed" a car before..

Thanks in advance for any thoughts..

Ben

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
It seems I ran into this problem also, the detailing spray goes fast, and I have just used it on washing the car, I like the results so it looks like I'll be ordering a Big Jug :D
I guess that I had better order it today for the Fest discount, it is for all Adams products, right Adams guys :D

Peelin' Out
Ted :cheers: :usa:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Lately I've switched to detail spray only to wash the car. Since I clean it every time I take it out, the detail spray seems to do a better and faster job than traditionial washing. It seems that I go through 1 small bottle of Adams for about 6 or 7 detailings.

Best to Ya
Zrod

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lucky dog..

Zrod said:
Lately I've switched to detail spray only to wash the car. Since I clean it every time I take it out, the detail spray seems to do a better and faster job than traditionial washing. It seems that I go through 1 small bottle of Adams for about 6 or 7 detailings.

Best to Ya
Zrod

I actually used the detail spray after a quick rain shower today, and it worked GREAT.. Unfortunately, the prior owner of our home turned the garage into his office / salesroom.. We have since changed it into a workout room, so my Z has to stay outdoors (it hurts! :cry:) ha.

Anyway, I think I'm going to be stuck with the wash / detail spray dry every few weeks and it looks like I'm going to be ordering in bulk..ha

Unfortunately, I'm heading out to do our Toyota Sequoia, and after that beast I'll be ready for a nap and a reorder!ha Take care.

Ben

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Wits, are you talking about the 4oz bottle? If so, I would easily use that thing up doing a full detail. I go through a ton of Adam's detailing spray.....AWESOME STUFF!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Wits-Z said:
Anyway, I think I'm going to be stuck with the wash / detail spray dry every few weeks and it looks like I'm going to be ordering in bulk..ha
Ben
I purchased a Noah car cover for my BMW and it does a great job in keep the car clean. I put the cover on immediately after driving it and carry the cover it the car so it can be used wherever. It probably gets less dust than storing in a garage.

I use detail spray/microfiber cloths once or twice a week to maintain it and have not put soap and water to it in months.
All bird/insect spots get immediately sprayed and removed, whenever I see them and wherever I am (the detail/window spray is in the trunk along with some microfiber cloths). I'm the guy in the parking lot poishing his car! I always pre-spray the towel and the spot to reduce the chances of scratching the clear coat.

I've had it 1 1/2 years and its only been hose washed about 6 times (3 by the dealer-which I asked them to stop doing) and 3 times by me. It's polished/waxed regularly, no scratches/dings and it still looks like it just came off the showroom floor. I use Gel-gloss to polish the windows and Stoner's Invisible Glass spray to do the regular window cleaning.

It also has 3M clear bra applied everywhere except the doors, windows, trunk and top. That helps a lot to reduce/eliminate minor scratches.

Since my 10 month old Z16 is covered/garage kept, and detailed/cleaned before and after driving, I haven't had to hose wash it either.

Instead of spending time washing it, I dust/detail it regularly and apply a coat of wax regulary to keep it nice. There's a One-Step wax I'm testing out where it's applied with a damp cloth and then left to dry-no rubbing, no streaks-we'll see how it works out. So far so good. However, as soon as I finish my current products I will be giving Adam's products a try based on the posts I've read from other forum members.

I do like to use an acrylic wax to seal it, so I'll probably continue do that and then applying Adam's carnuba wax to get the depth of shine I like.

Another thing I do is check out janitorial/restaurant supply stores for cleaning products applicable to car maintenance that cost a lot less and do just as good a job as many higher priced, magazine/web advertised products. They also usually sell by the gallon and/or 5 gallon size. I've also found gallon sizes of household soaps/cleaning products that can cut costs by half or more.

Just my .02 1/2

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Wits-Z said:
I just finished up with my first wash, clay bar and polish with my new adam's products yesterday and I'm very excited about the results! My torch red vette definitely looks great!

I had a quck question about my detail spray use. I used a mist while drying the car, then used it while clay barring the vehicle.. I used almost half of the small bottle on those two processes.. Is that excessive use? Just wanted to double check as I have never "detailed" a car before..

Thanks in advance for any thoughts..

Ben
You can probably get away with NOT drying the car before claying it--just mist with some Detail Spray and clay away. I like to use the Detail Spray AFTER claying, to get the majority of the residue off, but you could just go straight to the Revive polish on a microfiber pad, polish the car, wipe/buff off with a microfiber towel, then apply Brilliant Glaze and/or Butter Wax.

I use a LOT of the Detail spray--buy it by the gallon and refill your sprayer--lot cheaper that way!

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Wits, if you're keeping the car out doors, a car cover probably should be in your near future. The size bottle I was referring to was the 16 oz. version.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
EFI-1 said:
Wits, are you talking about the 4oz bottle? If so, I would easily use that thing up doing a full detail. I go through a ton of Adam's detailing spray.....AWESOME STUFF!
Dave,

Which Adam's products do you recommend that I should be ordering in bulk. I am new to this system and need some guidance.

Thanks in advance, D.J.

·
Registered
251 Posts
When using a clay bar all that's needed is some sort of lubricant so the clay glides across the paint, chrome, or glass surface, and no WD40 doesn't count.

While detail spray can be used for this purpose it doesn't have to. An alternative solution, no pun intended, mix 1 oz of car wash with about a quart of water. This acts as the lubrication for claying and a whole lot cheaper.

I use Adams detail spray for a once over each week to keep the finish looking pristine. A light mist is all you need, it goes along way so you're probably using to much.

Bob

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Dillon53 said:
When using a clay bar all that's needed is some sort of lubricant so the clay glides across the paint, chrome, or glass surface, and no WD40 doesn't count.

While detail spray can be used for this purpose it doesn't have to. An alternative solution, no pun intended, mix 1 oz of car wash with about a quart of water. This acts as the lubrication for claying and a whole lot cheaper.

I use Adams detail spray for a once over each week to keep the finish looking pristine. A light mist is all you need, it goes along way so you're probably using to much.

Bob
Thank's Bob. That what I've been looking for.

D.J.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
You might as well order the gallon jug! That Adam's detail spray is good to go on any part of the exterior of the car!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Dillon53 said:
...While detail spray can be used for this purpose it doesn't have to. An alternative solution, no pun intended, mix 1 oz of car wash with about a quart of water. This acts as the lubrication for claying and a whole lot cheaper...

Bob

Good point, Bob! I do that too, when claying at home. Even water by itself will work, but using soap will give it a bit more lubrication. Before I used Adam's Detail Spray I would also use the soapy spray to remove minor water spots when the car dried off too fast for me, after washing...

I have NO idea what is in Adam's Detail spray, but I would guess that what you'd want in ANY detailer would be a cleaner that would lift and encapsulate the dirt, a lubricant to prevent scratching, and a finishing agent what would provide a streak-free, glossy surface. Whatever magic combination it is, that Adam's chemist has come up with, beats anything on the market that I've tried!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
I agree that the Adam's detail spray is the best final spray I have found and I have tried alot of things since I got my Z.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts