• 0-250

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To get a better idea of how much we all spend (per year) on mods/accessories for our cars, I've thrown up this poll.

:)

JC

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Gonna try (I said 'try')to keep it as bonestock as possible. I do like it the way it is though :D

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Hey JC,

How about raising the $$ amount a bit more. I just figured my expeditures over the last 5 years or so and they are around $52,000 + / - PER YEAR on auto related items. Granted, I have had 22 cars over this period of time (Buicks, Impalas, Corvettes) + my tow vehicles and Trailers included

WOW, this is scary

Joe

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Based on just a few votes, if the average member spends 2K on mods, thats a potential 1.6 million dollars here waiting to be captured. BASED on registry members.

Total members? 2.7 million dollars.

JC

Joe, don't include cars and trailers, etc, just car parts to make the numbers more even........

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
N4C5S said:
Based on just a few votes, if the average member spends 2K on mods, thats a potential 1.6 million dollars here waiting to be captured. BASED on registry members.

Total members? 2.7 million dollars.

JC
Hello all you vendors lurking out there the money's inside, come on and join us.................................

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Per Year????

I miss read the poll ... I will have spent about 2,000 dollars this year, but I hope the future is just oil changes etc.:) :) :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
496 Posts
So far this year I've spent about $7,000. I've still got about $2,000 more before I'm done (are we ever really done). I need to do this before March 15 as I'm getting married then and the GF doesn't understand the mod fever. Looks like the cost of mods will go down drastically after that. Like drilled/slotted rotors for $100. :lol:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Focus is too narrow

JC,

I'd broaden the poll a bit and ask how much you spent on cars on average. With insurance, I'll spend about $63,000 this year. Besides mods, there are car payments, hotels on the way to Vette events, restaurants along the way. By including car payments, the average numbers become huge for Corvette owners. The point here is to average my $63,000 of car expenses this year versus my $5,000 expense for mods.

The approach then is to tell prospective advertisers that the average subscriber here spent $XXXX.00 on their cars last year. These dollar numbers should be like magnets for people trying to reach a high spending audience. People selling airline tickets, hotel rooms, restaurants, etc, should love our demographics. The Tire Rack Deal is a good model for future deals, i.e. take a piece of the action for making the connection.

Z06Y Lady, saving the economy! :D

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I do not go crazy on mods, but mainly because I replace my Vet each year. I tend to purchase "accessories," as I describe them, and use them on the next car. Examples, car cover, CB antenna, Lloyd's mats & cargo cover, Corsa Exhaust, Donaldson filter, California duster, Zaino, seat covers.

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
With 2 ZO6's and 1 Vert in the last 12 months I spent $8-10,000 on Mods. Although some of the $$$ was wasted I am having a great time doing them. Dilusi Drilled/Slotted Rotors and Blue Anodized Hats with Steel Braided Lines are next!:eek: :D Les:cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts