Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see things that do very little for HP gains that cost big bucks.
Example: B&B shorty headers at $975 and 8 HP gain = $121.87 per horse.
Is this good ?
I'm thinking in terms of "Bang for Buck" and can't help but ask, what should one expect in terms of HP vs $ ?

Keep in mind, I only used the B&B's as an example, I have nothing bad to say about them as I've never used them.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
It's all in "how much do YOU want to spend", what do you feel comfortable with, or what your wallet is comfortable with!

Some folks will pay 2 to 5 hundred to get 3 - 10 hp.

Some folks will buy EVERYTHING that claims a hp gain no matter how insignificant and then there are the cost is no object folks!

I just got the Haltech T1 $500 for maybe 13hp

I'll do headers, and injectors, and a MAFT and that's about it, other than the small things like plug and plug wires.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
All depends

SoonerZ06 said:
I see things that do very little for HP gains that cost big bucks.
Example: B&B shorty headers at $975 and 8 HP gain = $121.87 per horse.
Is this good ?
I'm thinking in terms of "Bang for Buck" and can't help but ask, what should one expect in terms of HP vs $ ?

Keep in mind, I only used the B&B's as an example, I have nothing bad to say about them as I've never used them.
Depends on your starting point, your current horsepower level and your gullibility. If your starting point and gullibility are low, small expenditures can bring reasonable gains. A smooth flow transition from the MAF to the throttle body on a Z06 claims 6 Hp for about $60. Thats $10 per hp. If you are at 550 hp and want to be at 650 it is likely to cost $20,000 or $200/hp. You pays yer money and you makes yer choice.

Personally I have 405 hp at $55,000. That's about $136 per horsepower. In my case, it's the packaging that makes the difference. Different bores and strokes for different folks.
Z06Y Lady :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts