Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Im wondering what type of power a Z06 with a Procharger is making? I have a modded 03 Cobra and went @ it with it looked to be an 02 Z06 tonight. Owner said it had a P1SC on it. What kind of ballpark power #s and track times is a car with this setup making?

We ran from around a 40mph roll to about 130ish and we were pretty much dead even, i may have had 1/2 a car on him.

Very nice car, just wondering what type of #s these put down.

For reference my car went [email protected] first pass out on slicks on a bad day and @ a high elevation track

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
267 Posts
Welcome to THE site. You can look at my mods and numbers in my sig. I have never had it at the track so I have no numbers for that.

Kurt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2002Z06Yellow said:
How much power are you making. Looks like you are making around 600RWHP so i would guess he is making around 550RWHP.
Car put down 504rwhp 487rwtq SAE. Weighs in @ 3600#s with me in it.

I thought for sure he was going to walk all over me or atleast pull me by a little. Even if he had the same power. The vettes are lighter and more aerodynamic.

Here is my dyno sheet. What does the curve on a centri blown Z06 look like? Im guessing more linear and not as flat of a TQ curve like mine since i have a roots type blower.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Just your average run of the mill Dyno sheet.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Juiced46 said:
Car put down 504rwhp 487rwtq SAE. Weighs in @ 3600#s with me in it.

I thought for sure he was going to walk all over me or at least pull me by a little. Even if he had the same power. The vettes are lighter and more aerodynamic.

Here is my dyno sheet. What does the curve on a centri blown Z06 look like? Im guessing more linear and not as flat of a TQ curve like mine since i have a roots type blower.
[/IMG]
Nice kill Juiced46, General rule of thumb, it takes 50 to 75 more RWHP for a Cobra to beat up on a Z06. Are you sure it was a Z06 and not a Coupe putting down around 425 to 450 at the tires. :cheers:

·
Registered
396 Posts
IT L GO said:
Nice kill Juiced46, General rule of thumb, it takes 50 to 75 more RWHP for a Cobra to beat up on a Z06. Are you sure it was a Z06 and not a Coupe putting down around 425 to 450 at the tires. :cheers:
I was thinking the same thing. Either that or you are a really good driver and the other guy is severely lacking in that dept.

Either way,
:thumb:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
MikesZ06 said:
It looks something like this :sneaky:

Mike
These are insane numbers!!!! :jammin: :thumb:

My little procharger that could wants to be like mike. :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow those #s are awsome!

I wouldnt really call it a kill because we were pretty much dead even. It was a good race. The car had the Z06 badges, the wheels, that little black scoop in front of the rear tires, so im assuming it was.

I consider my self a pretty good driver. When i race someone and i feel its going to be close i will power shift the hell out of the car. The driver of the Z06 seemed good, quick shifts and wasnt spinning.

I went out tonight to the where everyone cruises on the weekends to see if i could find him and get the details on the car, but didnt see him/

Here is a vid of my 11.4 pass

right click save as
http://www.drobnak.com/dave_car/114pass.wmv

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Dave, it's nice to see a Cobra owner showing up here and being real cool. Obviously from your vid you know how to drive so this Z06 owner had his work cut out for him.

Anyway, Procharger cars around here usually make around 550rwhp, some in the 570's, depending on the tune and how strong the car was running to begin with.

You said he wasn't spinning. Do you know what tires he was running ? If he had stock tires that could explain the 1/2 car length, cold F1s on any supercharged Z06 are a handful from a 40 roll.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Now what said:
Dave, it's nice to see a Cobra owner showing up here and being real cool.

Procharger cars around here usually make around 550rwhp, some in the 570's, depending on the tune and how strong the car was running to begin with.

You said he wasn't spinning. Do you know what tires he was running ?
Yea im not here to start anything. I respect fast cars, i have no problem with you Chevy guys ;) Only cars that ive ran on the street that usually hang with me were the 03/04 Cobras, and the majority of them i did the work on for them. I raced a stock Z06 and pulled on him pretty well. Nice guy, and come to find out he is a Cop in my town lol.

ive always wanted to race a modded Z06, i thought i was going to lose. I really need to find this car again and get the full details on it. Im not sure what tires he had on.

I talked to him briefly. He pulled up next to me @ a light and said my car sounds good. I said nice car to him. Got to the next light and heard the blower, i asked what kind he said a P1SC with 8#s of boost. Looked like it had a catback on it as well, 2 gauges on the pillar. He told me he was going home on the highway and asked if i wanted to go from a roll. You could hear the blower clearly, and the bypass when he downshifted. I love the sound of Prochargers, I have had 3. I had an F1A on my 03 Cobra, but sold it- long story.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Juiced46 said:
Yea im not here to start anything. I respect fast cars, i have no problem with you Chevy guys ;) Only cars that ive ran on the street that usually hang with me were the 03/04 Cobras, and the majority of them i did the work on for them. I raced a stock Z06 and pulled on him pretty well. Nice guy, and come to find out he is a Cop in my town lol.

ive always wanted to race a modded Z06, i thought i was going to lose. I really need to find this car again and get the full details on it. Im not sure what tires he had on.

I talked to him briefly. He pulled up next to me @ a light and said my car sounds good. I said nice car to him. Got to the next light and heard the blower, i asked what kind he said a P1SC with 8#s of boost. Looked like it had a catback on it as well, 2 gauges on the pillar. He told me he was going home on the highway and asked if i wanted to go from a roll. You could hear the blower clearly, and the bypass when he downshifted. I love the sound of Prochargers, I have had 3. I had an F1A on my 03 Cobra, but sold it- long story.
Yeah, If I was still stock I would not expect to walk away from a modded Cobra. Sounds like you will be out hunting us SC Z06 guys in the future -- guys that can present a real challenge for ya :thumb: . Happy hunting, juiced, thanks for stopping by.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Great Vid, What RPM did you launch at? Sounded like you were hitting the rev limiter. :cheers:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
IT L GO said:
Great Vid, What RPM did you launch at? Sounded like you were hitting the rev limiter. :cheers:
Thanks. There is a 2 step feature in the software i use. Kinda like a neutral rev limiter. That was @ 5800 RPMs. Still need to mess around with the setup. Hoping for a 10.99 pass the way the car sits in street trim with slicks. Just need some tweaks to the suspension and a better track

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nice car juice! My friend has an '03 Cobra. I ran a 11.67 @ 121 mph, 1.81 60 ft, with my '01 Z06 without a supercharger. It was 75 degrees and a little muggy. I agree that a blower would give me over 500 hp at the wheels. I dyno'd 451 hp at the wheels in 40 degree weather. Corrected was 435 hp. My take is the Z06's only mod was probably the blower.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts