Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new C6 Z06 rims look hot...

anybody know if we put those GM OEM rims on a C5 will they protrude beyond the fender line?

I noticed the C6 oem rims on a C5 looked quite inset so I'm guessing...the C6 Z06 rims might fit a C5 Z06?

or would they be an inch and a half too wide?

Anybody want to take a guess?

·
Registered
720 Posts
I know it's OT, but WOW... That is the first black C6z I have seen. Looks GREAT from that angle! :jawdrop:

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link but I don't buy replica rims...

I'm sure they are wonderful. I just refuse to buy them.

Hopefully the C6 Z06 wheels will fit in the C5 Z06...

doubt it but thought I'd ask all the same...

Anybody know?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yep, the '06 Z06 wheels will bolt on any C5, unfortuntaly the front and rear fenders are flared to accept these wheel and larger tires which are unique to 2006 Z06 ONLY. Howerver the rear wheels perhaps doable, and not a clean look, as they are 12" wide, perhaps not a creative choice of wheels for a C5 a custom wheel with C5 off sets a better choice.

·
Registered
179 Posts
tonto said:
Yep, the '06 Z06 wheels will bolt on any C5, unfortuntaly the front and rear fenders are flared to accept these wheel and larger tires which are unique to 2006 Z06 ONLY. Howerver the rear wheels perhaps doable, and not a clean look, as they are 12" wide, perhaps not a creative choice of wheels for a C5 a custom wheel with C5 off sets a better choice.
as a re-thought, considering the wheel off sets, perhaps doable. The rear wheel & tire perhaps not doable.
Stay tuned, as these wheels will not be for sale over the friendly GM parts counter for a loooooong time, as in spring of '06.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys..I was just curious if this would be a cool option...

I was thinking the C6 was narrower than a C5 and since I saw the C6 OEM rims on a C5 ..and they looked terribly inset...especially in the rear wheel wells...I thought maybe these C6 Z06 rims might fit..

Guess not? but thanks for the reply..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts