space than enough to put in a small-to-
medium laundry basket... or sometimes couple
cases of can sodas... or sometimes small
amount of grocery..

·
Registered
123 Posts
JT,

So far I've found the Z06 to be a great daily driver. Rush hour traffic or weekend rally, no problem. The trunk is 13.3 cu/ft, which is as much trunk space as most mid-size cars.

Just go for it.

EZ

·
Registered
151 Posts
For years my dad had two, his Summer Vette, and, his Winter Vette. Funny thing though, he had 3 Summer Vettes in the same length of time he owned the same Winter Vette. That "72" must have been good in the snow!
This is my first Vette, and, I have no plans to drive it this winter.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!!
I'm in Sounthern CA... so snow will not
be a problem for me...
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
13.3 cu/ft is even bigger than what my BMW
has right now!!.. Cool!

Couple other questions... why is magnesium
wheels deleted for aluminum cast wheels for
2002?? Isn't magnesium wheels stronger??

Thanks,

·
Registered
837 Posts
When I got the Z06, I kept my 98 coupe until I was sure the Z06 would make it as a daily driver. Sure enough it did. The Z06 is a great, reliable, comfortable and very fast car. Don't hesitate in selecting it as your daily driver.

Plenty of space for trips unless your lady must take EVERYTHING...just in case.

Just one day at the drags: best run 12.47 @ 117.4 mph with 60 ft. time of 2.05 on stock tires
Current dyno results (SAE) 345hp 349tq

·
Registered
129 Posts
It will work fine as long as you don't go offroad too much.
My wife and I backpack and one of our criteria was that it had to hold 2 large backpacks and other stuff to take a long trip and then have the gear to backpack. Its great.
Our first trip was to Mineral King in Sequoia which includes about 10 miles of flat dirt road. No problem, just shocked looks from the sport ute drivers.
Jim

·
Registered
138 Posts

On 2001-07-30 09:30, JJC driveled forth this spew:
It will work fine as long as you don't go offroad too much.

Our first trip ... about 10 miles of flat dirt road.
DO WHAT???????

I took this hot hot babe to dinner a few weeks ago, and she has a long gravel driveway. I wouldn't even drive up that. Of course I haven't heard from her since. What the heck, chicks are a dime a dozen, but a Z06 doesn't come along everyday.

·
Registered
902 Posts
"Chicks are a dime a dozen?" Young man, you may need to acquire some Kevlar underwear. I don't like taking my Z06 on gravel either, but in the final analysis, it is a car....a great car, but a car.....

·
Registered
837 Posts

On 2001-07-30 14:16, Spawrtan wrote:
"Chicks are a dime a dozen?" Young man, you may need to acquire some Kevlar underwear. I don't like taking my Z06 on gravel either, but in the final analysis, it is a car....a great car, but a car.....
Hey, Spawrtan. Sometimes it takes that special spark to prompt that first post.

Welcome to the Forum. You'll have fun here.

Ranger

·
Registered
384 Posts
Well, you won't be bringing a christmas tree home in the Vette!

If all you haul is some groceries you will probably be fine. I bought an S10 pick up shortly after the Coupe to haul crap around. When I traded in the coupe for the Z06 I kept the truck.

Everyone should own a little truck, they are really handy.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I would rather drive the Z06 than any other car everyday if I have a choice. I live 40 miles from my work place, that's 80 miles round trip. I don't want to put to many miles on my Z06, so I had to share the miles with other vehicles that I have.

You gotta love the Z...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Sherylann's and my Zs are daily drivers, EVERYDAY!! When the 2005 Z06 comes out, we will buy 2. They will be daily drivers too. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Great car, I enjoy it 365 day a year!! Not worth a crap in the snow however. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Garage queens, get over it, the Vette can be washed and will not melt. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

·
Registered
138 Posts

On 2001-07-30 15:19, fcalmes driveled forth this spew:
the Vette can be washed and will not melt.
I don't know Frank, are you absolutely sure about that? I thought the only way to keep the car from melting was to put Z-6 on it right after it's washed. You don't think I'm taking this Zaino stuff too far do you?

·
Registered
4,332 Posts

On 2001-07-31 10:30, M3NOMORE spewed forth this :
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD>Quote:</font><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR><TR><TD><BLOCKQUOTE><B>
On 2001-07-30 15:19, fcalmes driveled forth this spew:
the Vette can be washed and will not melt.
I don't know Frank, are you absolutely sure about that? I thought the only way to keep the car from melting was to put Z-6 on it right after it's washed. You don't think I'm taking this Zaino stuff too far do you?

</B></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR></TABLE>
Remember as in Se* you cant be to safe, Zaino b4 you wash.......

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well, if you have kids, fughettaboudit. Get a minivan.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts