Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered some clear corners for the Z. Just wondering if anyone's installed these or would know how. Thanks.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm a little lost, what exactly is a "clear corner"?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hmm....Interesting I have a QS and have always hated the multiple colors on the Z. For example the tailights (red), running lights (yellow), brake ducts (black), car (silver). I have blacked out the running lights and tailights (when the car isn't running of course). The clear/black turnsignals would go great with my black and silver theme. I wonder how are these installed and how do they perform?

·
Registered
403 Posts
These![/QUOTE]Okay that helps. I've never messed with them, but I'm sure some one here can help. Getting you back to the top in prime time.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Jay'szo6 said:
I just ordered some clear corners for the Z. Just wondering if anyone's installed these or would know how. Thanks.
Who did you order yours from? :z:

·
Registered
239 Posts
IT L GO check the link in the quote above.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IT L GO said:
Who did you order yours from? :z:
Procarparts.com. Now they have free shipping! :flaming: If you're gonna get em, get em directly. I got mine on a ebay auction. I called and tried to get reimbersed, but no dice. Oh well, no biggie. :z:

·
Registered
51 Posts
From what i've seen installation could be easier by removing the headlights assembly or the harder way from the opening under the pumber after removing the 7mm bolts.Realiezed this after installing my C5R lights.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I've thought about ordering those...let see some pics once they are installed

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
installion

1) jack front end in the air
2) remove front rims
3) remove platic cover underneath each corner
4) twist brake duct and pull forward to remove them (this is needed a bit of patiences and Yes the brake ducts will have to bend to get out, but it will be adjusted to normal)

5) remove one or two nuts underneath (I believe 10mm) side marker

6) remove top spring

7) unplug lights in old marker

8) install new Marker :cheers:

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
1) jack front end in the air
2) remove front rims
3) remove platic cover underneath each corner
4) twist brake duct and pull forward to remove them (this is needed a bit of patiences and Yes the brake ducts will have to bend to get out, but it will be adjusted to normal)

5) remove one or two nuts underneath (I believe 10mm) side marker

6) remove top spring

7) unplug lights in old marker

8) install new Marker :cheers:

why does GM need to make things so diffult :cen:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
pauln64 said:
why does GM need to make things so diffult :cen:

Maybe theres a simpler way, Im dont see it though, it is a hassle, but its the easiest way I found, I found a few years ago when installing my strobes through Carleton's instruction through his website

www.spdkilz.com

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
Maybe theres a simpler way, Im dont see it though, it is a hassle, but its the easiest way I found, I found a few years ago when installing my strobes through Carleton's instruction through his website

www.spdkilz.com
I've been to that site before. Very helpful. I would like to install strobes like he did with the alarm

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
pauln64 said:
I've been to that site before. Very helpful. I would like to install strobes like he did with the alarm
its a cool thing, I love mines, I havent had the time to make them go off with the alarm yet but Im ready for it, the F note honk annoys me so I thought to get a better sounding horn before I do that so I did that part with a Ferrari Italian sounding horn , or close to it :sneaky: , this june I'll get it to go off with the alarm, It shouldnt take too long but thats how busy Im am this month...

the strobes were the hardest install I ever did, but I havent done much installs, It was my favorite install though, It takes time and patience but if you pay some shop to do it you will lose your time and patience every time something goes wrong with it, If you do it your self it will be done right and If something goes wrong you know exactly where to go to fix it, once in a while I blow the switch fuse and I spend 10 cents to fix it(but thats because I hit them on and off all the time, if used properly they will hardly blow out) If I didnt install it myself I would pay someone to play with me and charge me alot of money to fix something they really didnt fix other then change the fuse and lie to me about it being something else...

the other day I installed my hurst shifter and I had to pull out the dash ofcourse and my strobe switch is there so I accidentally pulled out the switch wire, If I hadnt installed the strobes and/or shifter myself I would have a whole bunch of headaches trying to figure out what happen to my strobes

·
Registered
239 Posts
Does Anyone Have Pics Of Clear Corners?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts