Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got my vent screen kit coming in the mail. The side and rear vent seem relatively easy. But how should the front ones go in? :thumb:

·
Registered
396 Posts
It's gonna take a little time and a lot of 4 letter words. :(

You have to push the black plastic ducting back with your fingers and angle the piece into the opening and work it into place. It's better to get the top in place first, because if you scratch up the paint inside that opening no one will ever see it unless they lay on the ground and look up into your front brake ducts. Good Luck!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Seems like mine just went in from underneath after you pull the vent back from the nose. Then they are "captured" in between the fiberglass and the vent plastic tubing. Really was a lot simpler that I thought it was going to be. I used a pair of medical foreceps to hold and positon it through the front opening when I was working on it.

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
It also helps of you run some strong string through the screens at the top & bottom. It gives you something to pull on to snap them into place.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I followed these instructions and didn't run into any major issues; just take your time and make sure you have plenty of light!!

I have a really good set of Craftsman tools; the two tools that helped me were: thin needle nose pliers and a hook/pick tool.

Screen Installation

1 - 5 of 5 Posts