Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I want to install a rubber seal that goes in front of the hood.
I heard this prevents water from comming into the engine bay, and i don't want to get the halltech intake wet in rainy conditions.

does anyone have a home made sealer? where to buy? I went to a few car part stores, they didn't have any type of rubber seal. any suggestions?

thanks

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
mannygmt2 said:
Hi all
I want to install a rubber seal that goes in front of the hood.
I heard this prevents water from comming into the engine bay, and i don't want to get the halltech intake wet in rainy conditions.

does anyone have a home made sealer? where to buy? I went to a few car part stores, they didn't have any type of rubber seal. any suggestions?

thanks
Over to the left most of the vendors carry them. I got mine from Corvette Garage. Tell them you are with Z06vette.com. I got a price break on my order. I also bought a car cover from them.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I heard some go to home depot and buy rubber seals from there but I'm not sure. I bought mine online and it works great.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool, thanks guys, i will try home depot... I checked in my warehouse, i have a lot of left over Foam seals (the type you put around doors for sound proofing) but no rubber ones....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts