Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how GM ships the Vettes out to the West coast. Is it by truck or rail? The dealer doesn't know.

Mine was built sometime last week, so now I have to wait for it to be shipped out ... getting closer ... can't wait /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif!

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Don't use Harley B's carrier!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif FUBU69/LES /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Z is coming via normal GM to dealer transportation method -- what ever that is to the West coast from Kentucky. I'm hoping it's by rail, not truck all that way.

What happened to Harley B's car??

·
Registered
0 Posts
Where's HarleyB when we need him??

Harley, show him that picture of what your Z looked like when they shipped it to you!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I've seen it ZeeOhSix, and you ain't gonna like it. Might want to consider Museum Delivery! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So how do they get shipped out to the West coast? Nobody has answered that question yet.

I told the dealer that if there is ANY damage on the Z I'll be pissed, and will not accept the car /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

·
Registered
619 Posts
Les,

How did you get the EB Z06?

Did you do Museum delivery or did you drive it down from Bowling Green?

·
Registered
670 Posts
IF my Z06 is delivered during the winter months... I'll do the museum delivery then truck via http://intercitylines.com/

I've been checking out other transporters and these guys have the best rep. They quoted me $1,500.00 in a covered transport from BG to the Northern Bay Area (by the way, you can track the transporter via the Web!)

Nothing but the best for this baby! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Oops... I should have answered your question first... I was told it would be delivered via truck not rail.

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Killer, I picked it up at the dealer. The guys on this forum knew about it a few minutes before me. Some were even kind enough to offer to pick it up for me. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif Even offered to break it in. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif 1 guy even offered to personally beat the shit out of it for me. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif .Killer I love this place! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif FUBU69/LES BTW JK /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif Almost!

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
It takes about 2 weeks to delv. to the west coast from the plant. GM has distribution points that they first come to and then shiped out to the dealer. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rick -- I'm getting mixed answers on the type of transportation out here. Some say rail, some say truck. Do you know which way it's going to go? If it comes by rail are they inside boxcars (hobos in the driver's seat dreaming of a Z /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif) or what?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Les,

From Bachrodt right?

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
I would say they use both. I dont know this for sure but it makes sence to me. I have seen many cars on a train here in the Atlanta area. They are inside steel cages and cant be gotten to. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hobos in the Drivers seat?
That's hysterical! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
But wait.... That's not suppose to happen until they deliver them! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
We have an active rail track running through the middle of College Station and one of the main things they transport is cars. They are, like Rick said, a sort of steel cage that I have never seen open so I think that the car will be safe.
chris

·
Registered
631 Posts
Actually, with the good weather right now, the cars are arriving in excellent condition as far as dirt and road dust, rail dust is concerned. The rocker panels are another story. They still scratch them up.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Zapper -- is it getting them on/off the transportation trucks that causes the rocker panel damage? Seems like not all of them get scraped, so I'm thinking its probably due to carelessness or using the wrong type of hauler.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts